Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm not sure about that, do we need another north of 30's KPF?

A 31 key forward. Yeeeah, nah.

Don't mind picking him up for free.

I sure do. We're probably not going to win a premiership next year so what's the point? Just stalling the development of Wood, Black, etc.

Guess it shows exactly what the club think of Taz, Brown and Daw. Just not fit and just not ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite's good is good but you don't get that consistently and he is injury prone. I'd rather one of Wood, Daw or Brown make that forward position their own.

If we pick up Waite it doesn't stop any of the players you mentioned demanding a spot in the side.

If we pick up Waite it doesn't stop any of the players you mentioned demanding a spot in the side.
Yeah, very true.

Its not ideal and it does not necessarily reflect well on the forwards we have coming through, but a fit Waite is currently a better option than both Daw and Brown and a Tarrant who can't get on the park.

Not the worst idea in the world to bring in another tall forward option, especially if cheap, but an inconsistent player the wrong side of 30 is not the right option: chances are he'd bring as much to the club as Ben McKinley did. A stop-gap option at best; not a fan of the idea, surely there are other talls we could target if we feel we're not going to get enough from our own talls in the coming years...?

Most here would agree that someone like Wood deserves a spot in the seniors right now. Just adding more seasoned forwards to our list just puts him further back in the line. That doesn't sit well it me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back