Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Still kicking goals is Waitey.

St Kevins5.0-3010.2-6218.5-11322.8-140
De La Salle 2.0-123.4-225.6-368.6-54

ST KEVINS
Goal Kickers: J. Waite 11, B. Kanakis 4, M. Brown 2, S. Kennedy 2, W. Coates, M. Arnot, J. Wood
Best Players: J. Waite, M. Brown, B. Kanakis, C. Matheson, E. Phillips, M. Arnot
DE LA SALLE
Goal Kickers: R. McDonough 2, S. Masterson 2, M. Griechen 2, H. Persson, K. O''Brien
Best Players: R. Hayward, H. Burt, J. Gotch, J. Tyquin, B. Nethersole, H. Persson

Still kicking goals is Waitey.

St Kevins5.0-3010.2-6218.5-11322.8-140
De La Salle2.0-123.4-225.6-368.6-54

ST KEVINS
Goal Kickers: J. Waite 11, B. Kanakis 4, M. Brown 2, S. Kennedy 2, W. Coates, M. Arnot, J. Wood
Best Players: J. Waite, M. Brown, B. Kanakis, C. Matheson, E. Phillips, M. Arnot
DE LA SALLE
Goal Kickers: R. McDonough 2, S. Masterson 2, M. Griechen 2, H. Persson, K. O''Brien
Best Players: R. Hayward, H. Burt, J. Gotch, J. Tyquin, B. Nethersole, H. Persson
IMG_20190807_160512.png

Two former North forwards squared off in the VAFA Div 1 2019 Grand Final last month.

T. Harper with a lazy 6 in the Grand Final is Kieran's brother.
1570608755174.png

Retired West Coast veteran Will Schofield has taken to social media to thank his family, friends and teammates, and revealed his surprise pick for his toughest AFL opponent.

After hinting there’s more footy on his horizon after being left out of the Eagles’ elimination finals loss, Schofield nominated Carlton’s Jarrod Waite as the toughest player he’s come across in his 194 career games.

Waite is a surprising pick by Schofield considering the duo only met five times during the forward’s career at Carlton and North Melbourne, kicking four goals across those match-ups.

Mates were discussing who the best contested mark at North was other than Duck this morning and had me reminiscing about Waitey.

* I miss the campaigner
When he was on he was on and he made each supporter stand taller with his presence. Those four years were amazing and I wish they could have continued
Love the campaigner

Mates were discussing who the best contested mark at North was other than Duck this morning and had me reminiscing about Waitey.

fu** I miss the campaigner
When he was on he was on and he made each supporter stand taller with his presence. Those four years were amazing and I wish they could have continued
Love the campaigner
Likewise tazaa. He was a dead set gun. Could take a grab. Kick a goal. So mobile for his size. He quickly became one of my favourite players to watch at the NMFC. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do too. Unstoppable when he was switched on.

Like Jag owners we just wish we had two of him because one would always be in the workshop getting fixed.

I havnt really enjoyed watching a player pull on the jumper since Waitey was running around in North colours.
Rock n roll footballer. Miss him dearly.

Makes me sad that someone like Tarrant is leaving us for Punt Road.
Waite on the day he retired - “I don’t really like Richmond, I never have. I think it relates from Dad. And we hate them here, too!”

I havnt really enjoyed watching a player pull on the jumper since Waitey was running around in North colours.
Rock n roll footballer. Miss him dearly.

Makes me sad that someone like Tarrant is leaving us for Punt Road.
Waite on the day he retired - “I don’t really like Richmond, I never have. I think it relates from Dad. And we hate them here, too!”

Rated him as a player at Carlton but he was probably even better than I expected.

Hand up I'd have packed him up in 2016 when we made the indiscriminate cuts. However by end of 2018 I wanted to keep him on. Wish we had for another year or 2. What a great foil for a developing Larkey he'd have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back