Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to think we should have axed him as well.

I know a knock not soft tissue, but his whole career is routine injuries, suspensions, inconsistency. It's unsettling for the squad and hurts. (Unlike Spud, Boomer)

If we keep losing games before his return and no chance of finals, I'd be relegating him to 2nds/mentor duties only, then delist.
Smh

Ive said it before and I'll say it again! Waite is an absolute ******* star! Fingers crossed the coin toss at the mrp goes his way.. Hip is fine, shoulder fine, plays out the whole year, wins brownlow, gets us into finals, destroys every defender in the game! He has easily more seasons in him! Top 5 player in the comp when he is fit and on the park! Remember him leading the brownlow before injury last year? One word? Powerhouse!

Plus with him in BBB cops number 2 defender which BBB will also destroy, Wood will soak up the rest! Complete fwd line with Waite, BBB and Wood

18341756_1725005857524696_6492129557894848091_n.jpg

060517_photos_12.jpg

I lol everytime I read the OP when he gets out on the park and pulls this s**t....6 goals.

I just read the first 10 pages of this thread.

Some ripper calls in there.

Tho from another POV maybe it was understandable to be sus on him after his time at Carlton - there is something special about a club that can get the best out of players like W80, Hooter, and others who never gelled properly at their previous clubs.

Should play to his 40.

Is an absolute superstar on his day. Still.

Yep, for as long as he can maintain his speed and agility.

Speaking of which, the bloke looks like a slob yet possesses freakish athleticism. Amazing really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great vision there. Is it just me or is that commentator a pleasure to listen too in comparison to all the overacting/exaggerating biased boofheads that usually commentate games?
totally agree. didnt find myself when watching the game getting annoyed with the commentators ridiculous comments.
wouldnt mind if he does all the north games

My 7 yo was outside straight after the game and asking me to kick it high so he could mark like W80.

But the most interesting part was he said 'Dad, Waite is so good for us because of those 2 smothers in 2 seconds. He got us more than the just 6 goals.'

Understands football that one. Did you play 100 games for North?

I think the playing group love having him around he brings that confidence when he is on. Takes the pressure off brown and wood sure he will have those games like west coast but I hope we see him play next year.

He's the Iggy Pop or Alice Cooper of our team - old but loved by the young punks! I am still haunted by the thread I initiated a couple of years ago questioning why we'd ever want him. He's quintessential North at this stage. He changes us from beige to flashing RED! Overkill, I know, but I really like what Waite brings to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back