Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yeah its not like he misses many games thru injury or anything
ok so who teaches Durdin and Mckay who are different types compared to BBB to lead and cut angles.........?

Majak ?? yeah right.
Waite stays another year even if the maximum value to the club could be on the training track.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Capitals
My gut tells me we wouldn't bother with that if we weren't giving him another go. But I tell my gut to shut up all the time.

Depends on when they filmed it, could have filmed it all in bulk earlier in the year and just been drip feeding them throughout the year.

I personally hope he goes around again cause I really want to see him put a really good season together but I worry from this year his body says otherwise.

ok so who teaches Durdin and Mckay who are different types compared to BBB to lead and cut angles.........?

Majak ?? yeah right.
Waite stays another year even if the maximum vale to the club could be on the training track.
I might be thinking a bit out of the square here but what about Scott, Tudor and Boomer? You know, our "coaches"?

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Averaging less than 14 games per year for the last 9 years. And some people still think he might be able ton"stay on the park"!!
whilst he's been playing with us he has shown nothing but professionalism.......Your figures are correct.....but many of those years were suspension related and yes some injury as well.

Waite is a freak when it comes to contested marking........try to enlighten us all how those , can show those 2 players.
So we've moved on from leading and angles? Ok. Waite is a great player when playing and I don't disagree he adds to the team at training but you don't keep him just because he's the only one that can teach football, cause he's not. I can certainly see the benefit of offering a coaching role, and if we can't afford it under football spend we could hang on to him and pay him as a player. Problem is, if he's injured he's more concerned with his own rehab rather than coaching.
whilst he's been playing with us he has shown nothing but professionalism.......Your figures are correct.....but many of those years were suspension related and yes some injury as well.
Getting suspended from your work place...not really professional conduct is it? ;-)

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we've moved on from leading and angles? Ok. Waite is a great player when playing and I don't disagree he adds to the team at training but you don't keep him just because he's the only one that can teach football, cause he's not. I can certainly see the benefit of offering a coaching role, and if we can't afford it under football spend we could hang on to him and pay him as a player. Problem is, if he's injured he's more concerned with his own rehab rather than coaching.

Getting suspended from your work place...not really professional conduct is it? ;-)
while he has been playing for us he has been excellent........you cannot deny that.
I will say that last year I thought we needed him for BBB's development.....but jesus how he has come on whilst being the main man ( even without Waite playing , caught everyone surprised) I still believe Waite being there at the club playing his 16 games and being around the club would still be beneficial to our young talls we're trying to develop and fast track their progress........I think if the club were to say to him this is your main focus going into the 2018 season for say minimum payment.......I dont think Waite would say no.

Back