Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

With his introverted type of personality, he would be uncomfortable at Port. I would imagine that would have a lot to do with his inability to continue the form surge he displayed from last year.
It took him years to come out of his shell at Essendon. Should have stayed. I am fairly confident he would have continued on from last years form here.

A real lose lose trade. Paddy is no better than Westof up forward when you take his inconsistency into consideration and Essendon's midfield struggles without Ryder.

Dumb trade also as Port were over rated by everyone due to lucky run with injuries and top sides not putting a lot of work into stopping their run. Paddy is too old for their window as they need to build up a lot more depth.

I'm not normally vindictive to a player choosing to leave....but with 2 years of contract remaining.....it may turn soon but i'm loving the Port meltdown at the moment.

I'm not normally vindictive to a player choosing to leave....but with 2 years of contract remaining.....it may turn soon but i'm loving the Port meltdown at the moment.
What's even better is that he shafted us out of a GWS trade because he wanted to go only to Port Ad... I mean, anywhere but Essendon, anywhere that would take him,anywhere that starts with a P, rhymes with Schmort Schmadelaide, just anywhere, but he still wants to do right by the club. Oh, GWS are offering pick 4? No I am going anywhere but Essendon and GWS remember.

Loving the switch of form in both clubs. Also very happy with Cooney and Langford. Cheers padpad

What's even better is that he shafted us out of a GWS trade because he wanted to go only to Port Ad... I mean, anywhere but Essendon, anywhere that would take him,anywhere that starts with a P, rhymes with Schmort Schmadelaide, just anywhere, but he still wants to do right by the club. Oh, GWS are offering pick 4? No I am going anywhere but Essendon and GWS remember.

Loving the switch of form in both clubs. Also very happy with Cooney and Langford. Cheers padpad

Just curious, but which of Langford or Laverde would we have not picked up if we had pick 4?

And who would we have taken at 4?

It was thought that Carlton wanted Langford at pick 19 so we grabbed him then.

Doing a hindsight pick for 4 (which I hate doing btw) I imagine we would have gone for Jordan De Goey

Just curious, but which of Langford or Laverde would we have not picked up if we had pick 4?

And who would we have taken at 4?
We don't know who Port would have picked at 17 either. I'd guess we'd have taken Wright and then have taken Laverde at 20 since Carlton wanted Langford.

It was thought that Carlton wanted Langford at pick 19 so we grabbed him then.

Doing a hindsight pick for 4 (which I hate doing btw) I imagine we would have gone for Jordan De Goey
We'd be the ones all gooey for De Goey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its only when he's with a team worse than us that you realise how useless he is.

Its only when he's with a team worse than us that you realise how useless he is.
He's definitely not useless, I'd take him back in a heartbeat he's one of the players we desperately need. That said, I still have faith that Bellchambers can step up in the second half of the season

Ryder out this week with "Achilles"...makes you wonder if he's dropped for team balance and they're too stubborn to admit he's not the answer they thought he was up forward.

As I've said throughout both he and lobbe are no.1 rucks who don't enjoy being 2nd ruck or play well being 2nd fiddle.

It'll be interesting if Port bounce back this week and get a good win without him, particularly if Lobbe/Westhoff/Schulz all fire.

I think something like:

Patrick Ryder - Traded to Port for Laverde, Cooney and the Law of Unintended Consequences.
Langford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back