Delisted 30. Timm House (2017 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

194cm KPF from our vfl side originally from Claremont (WA). Can really leap and clunk marks. Great pick.

From our club site:

Height: 194cm

Weight: 95kg

DOB: 26/5/95

Recruited From: Newtown & Chilwell

2016 Interchange Club: Newtown & Chilwell

Profile:

Tom House is a competitive key defender and forward who originally hails from Western Australia. House has played with Claremont in the WAFL before joining Newtown & Chilwell where he was a key part of their drive to the grand final in 2015. House will be a 23rd player for the VFL Cats this year.

Last edited:

194cm KPF from our vfl side originally from Claremont (WA). Can really leap and clunk marks. Great pick.

From our club site:

Profile:

Tom House is a competitive key defender and forward who originally hails from Western Australia. House has played with Claremont in the WAFL before joining Newtown & Chilwell where he was a key part of their drive to the grand final in 2015. House will be a 23rd player for the VFL Cats this year.

That would be Timm and he is a fair lump of a player. He also impressed me in the VFL, a bit raw still maybe but lots of upside.

his well and truly found his home at geelong has house

He should fit in well.

406742-fcfce860-8e21-11e3-900f-aefb928a8a9c.jpg

This guy could really bring the House down if he can clunk them in the big league.

I was concerned about our KPF depth, and at least we have a ready made player that can fill a hole if Hawkins god forbid breaks down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to have drafted a KPD as we need to replenish that area for the future no doubt... Good luck Timm and welcome ( back ).

Great bloke with a bit of X factor, absolutely stoked for him.

Not a key defender, natural mid sized forward in my opinion. The kind of player whose output wouldn't go up/down much regardless of the level

From our club site:

Profile:

Pretty sure I've read you advocating this guy's credentials previously PO, and I absolutely loved what I saw of him in the VFL this year.
No idea if that ability will translate to AFL level, but I am glad the club has taken him with a later pick because I'm keen to find out - undoubtedly excellent overhead and has a good leap as you say; will no doubt need to continue to work on his endurance and work out how to find more of the ball around the ground when the marks aren't coming.

being in our vfl team, we wont have to move house

That is just vintage Whit3y.

This guy could really bring the House down if he can clunk them in the big league.

I was concerned about our KPF depth, and at least we have a ready made player that can fill a hole if Hawkins god forbid breaks down.

After picking up House and Esava Ratouglea, the club has gone some ways to addressing the depature of Clark, Vardy and Kersten. Really won't take a whole lot for either of them to surpass what those 3 combined produced for the club.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-geelong-pick-43-esava-ratouglea.1152585/

2016 VFL

Timm HOUSE (Geelong VFL)
Totals

• 12 games
  • 19 goals
  • 10 behinds
  • 4 times in the best players list
Averages
  • 6.3 kicks
  • 4.9 handballs
  • 11.2 disposals
  • 5.6 marks
  • 1.7 tackles
  • 0.3 hitouts
  • 0.9 inside 50s
  • 0.3 rebound 50s
  • 0.3 frees for
  • 0.1 frees against
  • 62.67 DT points
gY4OTo5.png

Likely type from what I've seen. Could surprise with a faultless pre-season. Or two.
He's a longer project for mine.

His tank is the weakest point but I feel he has the tools to become a solid contributor. Seen some of his VFL work and his marking and kicking are very strong points and his ability to read the play is very good. Puts his body in positions to win the ball and doest mind getting crunched in the process.

Just needs to do it more than 1/2 of footy.

GO Catters

He's a longer project for mine.

His tank is the weakest point but I feel he has the tools to become a solid contributor. Seen some of his VFL work and his marking and kicking are very strong points and his ability to read the play is very good. Puts his body in positions to win the ball and doest mind getting crunched in the process.

Just needs to do it more than 1/2 of footy.

GO Catters

Just about in 100% agreement. He can be in and out... and I hope that is due to not being a full time pro , bit like how Ruggles was way off the standard. Most who saw him play VFL , (if we went back and looked at comments) said positive things about him being listed but most probably thought Rookie , as thats traditionally what we have done. But just like Egan all those year ago , we have taken him in the 60's.
We have a need..if he is good enough he will get a chance.... but to get that chance he will need to be a lot fitter or perhaps not just fitter but more able to gut run. Perhaps he has just never done that type of prep...if so do we have anther candidate for a full body stitch/cramp

Just about in 100% agreement. He can be in and out... and I hope that is due to not being a full time pro , bit like how Ruggles was way off the standard. Most who saw him play VFL , (if we went back and looked at comments) said positive things about him being listed but most probably thought Rookie , as thats traditionally what we have done. But just like Egan all those year ago , we have taken him in the 60's.
We have a need..if he is good enough he will get a chance.... but to get that chance he will need to be a lot fitter or perhaps not just fitter but more able to gut run. Perhaps he has just never done that type of prep...if so do we have anther candidate for a full body stitch/cramp

From the little I know, he moved from West Aust and was still working a regular job and training when he could.

Blokes got skills and much like Ruggles, will probably be better for a year full time in the system.

I think thats also a point that might be getting missed with the VFL selections we took.

The VFL guys are not the full time training and playing types like the AFL listed ones. They are at best semi professional. So while they are playing VFL with the AFL listed blokes, they are not Full time players per se. They have access to facilities and resources yes but that does not put food on the table or pay the bills.

My point is that if these VFL guys, after a year in the system are good enough to hold their own or even beat the AFL listed guys - say like House did over Vardy - then the club by taking them as an AFL listed player is saying if they are this good as semi professionals, how good can we make them as full time professionals? The upside seems quite large.

And its not a bad thought process - as you are getting vetted talent with a year to view them up close, relate to and train them in and out of the footy environment for picks in the 40's or above.

So for Stewart to be taken at pick 40, coming second in the BnF for GFC VFL - and under the direct instruction of Scarlo as a one on one coach - on a part time basis.... its reasonable to assume that the progress will be quite good given the full time training and playing.

And for the viewpoint of it being a lazy and uninspired pick - id disagree. Wells probably watched every game of VFL, talked to the coaches, the player themselves, and saw plenty of work done by the players in question.

Im sure this criticism applies to all the draft managers at the Academy clubs who took academy players. They must be lazy and uninspired as they took in house players as well :rolleyes: - but no - the academy players are all stars and we got the duds. (not directed at you TC)

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back