Senior 30. Tom Atkins (2019 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure why everyone keeps mentioning pace and been slow.... Give me a guy with a football brain any day like Atkins then pace.

Paul Couch, Sam Mitchel, Greg Williams.

Nick Chubb star rookie running back for the Cleveland Browns goes 5'11 and 103kg.
Punches holds through defensive lines. Maybe we should try inventing a new type of mid.
If we could build Atkins up to say 90kg he'd do some damage. Why not? Really nothing to lose and would be an interesting experiment
If I can get well over 90kgs, I am sure Atkins can!

Nick Chubb star rookie running back for the Cleveland Browns goes 5'11 and 103kg.
Punches holds through defensive lines. Maybe we should try inventing a new type of mid.
If we could build Atkins up to say 90kg he'd do some damage. Why not? Really nothing to lose and would be an interesting experiment
Can see how he got his name then!

Because he'd get absolutely slaughtered on the spread and in transition. Mids need to be elite runners in today's game, you might be able to win a few clearances with a big bull in there, but they're a liability in every other facet of the game if they can't run.

Because he'd get absolutely slaughtered on the spread and in transition. Mids need to be elite runners in today's game, you might be able to win a few clearances with a big bull in there, but they're a liability in every other facet of the game if they can't run.
Ratcat loves his big-bodied mids.

135452_342ad97db01706605000d191d944d3e7[1].jpg

I was only theorizing,.. if he’s 85 he might be able to add up 5 without compromising his aerobic capacity very much.
Irrelevant post of mine anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waste of a pick tbh. At least we only wasted a rookie pick

Odds are picks of any sort in this range will not succeed .. I sort of understand where you are coming from. I listened to a kid .. Lachie Mcdonnell interviewed about missing out ... I'm sure there are plenty of good potential kids that miss.. Nice size and certainly has some game about him. 16 and must have some spring ..potential volleyball scholarship in the usa.
I guess my thinking is the drafting of a player from within serves multiple aspects.. potential mature players must look at our history and consider that getting onto our vfl list is a good way to present a strong case for being drafted.. and of course Tom has shown something that appeals.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...l/news-story/667a405b7053f6c9e93eeed5c0e51b01

where do you see him playing?
Casey. The game where they absolutely belted us. I got there just before half time. We had just booted a couple of goals and we looked like we could get back in the game. I remember telling my son: "We are in this." at the time. Then the second half happened. lol I went there to see Ratugolea mainly. But it was a windy awkward day for him. And was bloody glad Mccarthy left after seeing his attitude that game.

Odds are picks of any sort in this range will not succeed .. I sort of understand where you are coming from. I listened to a kid .. Lachie Mcdonnell interviewed about missing out ... I'm sure there are plenty of good potential kids that miss.. Nice size and certainly has some game about him. 16 and must have some spring ..potential volleyball scholarship in the usa.
I guess my thinking is the drafting of a player from within serves multiple aspects.. potential mature players must look at our history and consider that getting onto our vfl list is a good way to present a strong case for being drafted.. and of course Tom has shown something that appeals.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...l/news-story/667a405b7053f6c9e93eeed5c0e51b01
Talent is easy to pick. The big thing is the unknowable: desire and dedication. He could have it in 2016-17. But something could happen (injury, family dramas) and he loses it. You see the group photo and you think "Out of all of them, which one or two will actually succeed."

Casey. The game where they absolutely belted us. I got there just before half time. We had just booted a couple of goals and we looked like we could get back in the game. I remember telling my son: "We are in this." at the time. Then the second half happened. lol I went there to see Ratugolea mainly. But it was a windy awkward day for him. And was bloody glad Mccarthy left after seeing his attitude that game.

Try again.... where ..(in which role) do you see him playing at afl level..

Slight misinterpretation Reg ..Not where did you see him play... where do you see him playing ...as in what role in the side etc. def mid? Back Pocket?
It was a messy game to follow. I wasn't really looking out for him. I just noticed his high number 64. Mainly around half forward. The way he beat his opponent a couple of times, a very strong mark, and his moves in heavy traffic a couple of times. Wasn't taking stats or looking out for him.

I was hoping that we would pick up Atkins. One of the things with a mature recruit is that you know what they have, it's the question of whether they can step up to the next level.

With another kid it's all conjecture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back