Player Watch #30 Tom McCartin - bringing opposition teams to ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BloodySwan

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I really see McCartin as a star Full Forward. He has 1 bad attribute (kicking) while the others he's fantastic. I remember N. Reiwoldt being a terrible shot for goal in his early days but reliable in his later days. If he can address that he'll be an absolute star

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
I really see McCartin as a star Full Forward. He has 1 bad attribute (kicking) while the others he's fantastic. I remember N. Reiwoldt being a terrible shot for goal in his early days but reliable in his later days. If he can address that he'll be an absolute star
His kicking improved this season. Suspect he put a lot of work into it.

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Glad to hear McCartin will continue to develop as a forward

What I enjoyed the most about this article was reading about the fan input on Jack needing to get a goal and JPK doing his best to make it happen

DobmusEdge

Debutant
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I remember NR circa 2004 being an absolute sharpshooter before deteriorating into goal kicking mediocrity

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He’s still 19. Most key forwards are only just debuting by this point in their careers. He hasn’t had the luxury of dominating in the reserves and looking like a star, he’d had to learn on the fly, so he’s held up well all things considered and I think he looks made to play inside 50.

Top Bottom