30000 + Members Yay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2002
End of the Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle

Ok I don't want to sound too disrespectful on a situation i don't know alot about, but freo's membership handling of my good mate Kenny_01's membership has been quite pathetic.

First he rings to get a membership, and they take details and promise to call back instead of processing it then and there. Then after a day of no calls he has to initiate the call again (correct me if i go wrong here mate).

Then at the game, they assign him a seat because someone was already sitting in his member seat (must have been casper the friendly ghost, cause i sure didnt see anyone sitting next to us). But hold on.. someone else had that seat aswell so he got shipped off to another area around quarter time.

And now he hasnt got his membership card, and considering friday is a public holiday, has 1 day left until he'll have to initiate more calls to find out how to get into the game.

Surely we should be looking after our members, getting them signed up as quick as possible and making sure it all runs smoothly so they stick around next year and the year after.

I realise we're selling memberships like hotcakes (40 a day was a rough figure i remember reading somewhere?) and it must be hard to keep track of it all, but a professional organisation should be able to cope.

Apologies if the information here is incorrect i'm going from memory, correct me where i've gone wrong kenny.

On a lighter note, 30k members is huge news and should make home games even more exciting. Theres nothing quite like a full stadium and hopefully this will spark the boys into some energetic and memorable performances.

Later
Voodoo-

Yeah, that's more or less it. The seating problems for the Carlton game wasn't the club's fault (plus I got stuck next to Michael Johnson's dad and it was good chatting with him). They sent me a ticket and I think the ticketing agency are the one's responsible for the double booking.

As long as I get my membership card tomorrow, it's all good. The only problem is If I don't, I probably won't be able to call them seeing as though I'll be stuck at uni all day.

well i dont think FFC was prepared for such a boom...... as big as it is anyway, all of a sudden we need to allocate seats and all that in a matter of weeks.....

as long as they're not all "sit down be quiet get me a pie" bandwagoners who think they're life long supporters cause they purchased a scarf...

okay david, calm down, breathe.......

Yeah...bloody bandwagoners..............I betcha some of 'em ever followed Essendon before they jumped on the wagon. Any one who wasn't a member before 1996 shouldn't be alowed to have membership should they avdbrm.

Originally posted by avdbrm
well i dont think FFC was prepared for such a boom...... as big as it is anyway, all of a sudden we need to allocate seats and all that in a matter of weeks.....

Come on, we were talking about membership figures of over 30,000 since Christmas. If the bloody supporters could anticipate it, why couldn't the people being paid to make those sort of calls do it? We had 26,000 members last year, surely it was predictable that we'd get a 15% increase.

It seems like very very amateur form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back