30000?

Remove this Banner Ad

Before the Round 6 game at Skilled Stadium, I think we had around 28,500 members. The club expected at the very least to get 400-500 members that day, so we would be certain to be less than 1,000 members to reach the target.

It's a great effort. It was only a few years ago that we were at the 20,000 mark. To increase it by this much is a credit to the club.

we just bought 4 memberships, and so have a few of our family friends. We havnt got them yet so they wont have been added to the tally. i think a lot of city cats have been buying late.

well, with the last two wins I would say that we should get over the line, as has been mentioned the tally hasn't been updated for a while, whether that means they've been too lazy to update the site I'm not sure, but at the start of last week the tally on the site was 29,355 and hasn't been changed since.

We should have 35,000 members by now. Got a huge base to work from, and the team is flying.

Not in a position to know if the club is maximising their promotional dollar to attract members, but for one reason or another our membership isn't reaching the heights it perhaps could.

I know it's not a true reflection, but whilst driving through Geelong on the weekend i barely saw 10 membership stickers on the back of cars.
Would be lovely to see 30-40% of cars around Geelong with membership stickers, but doesn't appear that it's ever going to happen.

There has been a huge increase in numbers over the last 5/10 years, if we can aim to have 35,000 by 2010 we will be doing well. Remember we will always struggle while the capacity of KP is what it is, what ever it is, at the moment.If we had stands fully encompassing the ground of the standard of the new Eastern we would 35,000 No Problem.A Mini Telstra Dome but the cost/debt could kill us. So its going to be a balance between the cost involved in getting the number. and acepting a lesser number but being more solvant. Cook has said there are big plans for the next 5 years , so we will see.

just got the member email newsletter from gfc and they said that we have officially past the 30,000 member mark. its great news

Good news indeed! We are getting good crowds this year along with our good performances, and with an uber-strong membership, financially this year is going to be one of the Cat's best in a long time!

Stu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rodion said:

W00t indeed! Well done Cats!

The good thing about reaching a number like this is that in future years the numbers should hover around the same mark, it happened when we first reached 25,000. Things are looking up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back