Media 301 reasons to celebrate – Let the Pandamonium begin!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations cats2rise on 301 games this weekend!!!

1554319748729.png
Above: A young cats2rise being taught how to fly the pack and take a strong overhead grab.

February 9th, 2006

F*** i missed out. That sucks big time.

….. and with that a young cats2rise burst onto the Sweet FA qooty scene. Many of the newer players in the league may not know that C2R started his career as a Gumby, amassing 80 games with them before making his (Final) move to Mt Buller.

The Rookie described himself in the following way

Well anyway i am a mid sized defender (preferably CHB) who loves to run on the ball. Abit liek Scarlo, doesnt look like the stongest player but can be hard to beat, but i prefere running forwards to play on as i can create space for myself ans shut down my opponent.

Have had small stints at CHF or as a tall forward if needed.

Also played as a tagger as i am quick for my height (will be about 185-low 190's when i stop growing) and do go in for the hard ball and tackle hard if playing a tagging role.

And thats about my teenage footy days wrapped up!

After a torrid preseason C2R played his first game on May 6th, 2006. He played CHB vs The Titans accumulating a respectable 15 possessions and an alarming 7 frees for. (Many say he taught Joel Selwood everything he knows about milking a free kick.) The Gumbies went on to win the game by 29 points however they did not fare so well for the remainder of the season missing out on finals.

The following season saw C2R really emerge in the league. He was ever present in the media, took over the captaincy of the Gumbies and won the pre season comp. However his time in the limelight was short lived after he announced he was stepping down as captain to focus on family. Things were quiet for Cats in the next 12 or so months and he drifted out of the side as his activity dropped off. When he decided to return he also decided on a change of clubs after his time with the Gumbies. He weighed up his options for 2010 and in typical C2R eloquence announced the following

Loyalty is one trait missing in the world these days whether it be in friendship, the business world or in sports. Batman has Robin, Rudd has Gillard, each man has his best friend by his side in the ute.

The Prairie Vole has one partner for life – now that’s loyalty. It’s a shame to see we don’t see this in sport very often. Fans pay memberships, get merchandise and expect to see their favourite players join, grow up and lead their club to success. Kerr used to have Judd and Cousins – now he has no one. Sports stars in Europe move countries for an extra $15,000 a week and there is no player to team, or player to fan loyalty.

This needs to change. I have a loyalty to the Gumbies – I used to play for them. They gave me my first start and taught me all I know. Ninty, Peterss.... thats a great leadership due right there. But I have a past life with Amos, Sausage Roll and all the TF’ians. Who do I decide to be loyal to, and spend my final years as a football player with?

It was a tough decision... That’s why I am going to go to the Demons.

Bring it on.

With the new club came a new position. A long serving CHB became a power forward and he started the season with performances the likes of which has not been matched until the TMac move to the forward line for the MFC Demons! Alas this didn’t last and amid internal leadership turmoil at Mt Buller C2R faded in the second half of the season.

cats2rise extended his Demon contract after a year he labeled a 'personal failure' after a quiet second half to the year, but believes the off field drama of captain changes is well in the past.

Despite the turmoil C2R was the leading goal kicker for the Demons with 45 majors for the season.

Season 12 (late 2010) saw Cats2rise remain at full forward and he started the season on fire bagging six in Round 1 against his old team the Gumbies. This was something of a golden era in the cats2rise time line as he topped the goal kicking for the Demons 3 seasons running (S11-13), was named club man of the year 2 seasons in a row (S11-12) and won the Destroy medal (MBD B&F) in season 12.

Season 14 saw the Demons make the grand Final against the Bombers yet it would seem that the ensuing loss was a bit much for Cats2rise as he made the move back to the Gumbies however he only played 6 rounds and then went radio silent until season 19 when he resurfaced at his beloved Demons. It was as if he had a new lease on life and he was at his most active best winning the clubman award for the 3rd time. S20 was what C2R would have hoped to be the pinnacle of his career to date if his beloved Demons could overcome the Furies in the Grand Finals. He had been on his hiatus when Mt Buller won the flag for the first time in S18. Once again the Qooty gods denied him premiership glory. Not to be deterred he continued working more and more behind the scenes and in S25 took over the captaincy from Van_Dyke . This tenure was short lived however as RL once again impinged on his Sweet FA time and he handed over the captaincy in season 26. Cats2rise remained in the leadership group and finally tasted sweet success when the Demons won the flag in an epic grand final smashing of the Furies.

1554319868306.png
Above: cats2rise celebrating the Dees S26 grand final victory on mad monday

Achievements
Club captain
All SFA (S11)
3 X Deestroy Medalist (Club B&F)
4 X Cats2Rise Medalist (Club leading goal kicker )
4 X clubman of the year.
Mt Buller HoF Inductee (S24)
Premiership player (S26)

A witty and creative poster and a true clubman. Congrats Cats on 301 games this weekend!!

Below are some tributes from past team mates and rivals alike –

I vaguely remember who he is

I remember him as a slightly more competent version of you.

Absolute champion to play with.

c2r joined the SFA when I was captaining the Bombers. I'd known him on another site dedicated to sim games and loved his posting. I'd had just recruited a bunch of players from that site to the Bombers so I was pretty confident he'd join as well, even trying to entice the Panda over with bamboo. But in the end he decided he wanted to join a less active team where he could make a difference and he's been at the Demons since.
Ten years later I'm still bitter. I joined the Demons with the sole intention of getting revenge and last week I finally got my chance... I realised it was his 300th and didn't mention it*
Happy 301st Panda.

*may or may not be true.

I'm a huge fan of cats2rise. He's a great player, a great leader and really handsome.
There you go c2r, I did it. Let my dog go.

I like him

Quite literally the man who recruited me to the Demons when I turned up in the sign up thread, his career has only gone south since (with the exception of when he became Van_Power)
An absolute champion of a player, poster and leader for the club for many, many years. One of the best Demons of all time and deserves the accolades he’s received such as being a Demons hall of fame member. Sincerely hope he sticks around for many seasons to come.

1554319979094.png
Above: Cats2rise devouring a Swamprat rookie on his way to S26 premiership success.

Rich (BB code):
Stats                    cats2rise            Rank

Clubs               DEM (220), GUM (80)
Games                       300               #24
Hitouts                      84               #169
Kicks                       1904              #36
Marks                       788               #27
Handballs                   1542              #44
Tackles                     380               #61
Frees For                   294               #44
Frees Against               295               #26
Goals                       361               #15
Behinds                     250               #13
Disposals                   3446              #40
DreamTeam                  14589              #30
Votes                      38/19              #76

Highest DreamTeam: 126 DT - S21, R15 - (Mount Buller Demons) vs. East Side Hawks
Highest Disposals: 34 Disposals - S26, R05 - (Mount Buller Demons) vs. East Side Hawks
Highest Goals: 10 Goals - S24, R13 - Fighting Furies vs. (Mount Buller Demons)

Last edited:

300 is so overly celebrated, we at Mt Buller are cutting edge and innovative!
Yep. c2r's 301st is being celebrated. Headless #fanfare started around game 293.

I don't have any traditional milestones coming up anytime soon so I expect that I'll probably be getting a tribute thread in the coming weeks :thumbsu:

What a great achievement cats2rise , 301 games is worthy of a great celebration :thumbsu::footy:

Hopefully your milestone celebration overcomes the agony of an 8 goal loss to the mighty Dragons.
This is not the point .....a Qooty player waits his whole career to celebrate his milestones .....he would have had family and friends at the game last week

The dereliction of duty by Yakker ....no banner, no celebration ...family & friends going WTF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not the point .....a Qooty player waits his whole career to celebrate his milestones .....he would have had family and friends at the game last week

The dereliction of duty by Yakker ....no banner, no celebration ...family & friends going WTF
#wemarchtothebeatofadifferentdrum

Now you'll just make me hilight this injustice even more .....questions need to be asked
Questions about captaincy and dereliction of duty? Perhaps you should look inward my friend?

So we missed a tiny "B"

It's not about the mistake it's about the repercussions to the team and the repeated and deeply ingrained inadequacy of the Bombres leadership group. You are in no position to chastise me.

To seek change, is never an easy road to tread

Yes it is closed minded thinking that stifles this progress.... such as those that wish to stifle the innovative 301 celebrations of cats2rise

#IstandbyC2R301
#fanfare

Yes it is closed minded thinking that stifles this progress.... such as those that wish to stifle the innovative 301 celebrations of cats2rise

#IstandbyC2R301
#fanfare
I don't mind innovation .....but tell the player ....don't let parents and friends fly from interstate for nothing .....you do realise the travel time to Abdu Prison ?

With the Bombers involved in last weeks match .....not a mention of cats2rise 's 300th .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back