Senior #31: Bailey Dale

Remove this Banner Ad

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
BaileyDaleWBProfile_Portrait.jpg

stand by for more flattering picture

D.O.B.: 22 July 1996
Height: 182cm
Weight: 70kg
Position: Forward/Midfield
Drafted: #45, 2014, from the Dandenong Stingrays/Edithvale-Aspendale

A medium-sized forward, Bailey Dale possesses class, composure and courage, despite his slender frame. The late pick will need to add muscle to push for selection, but his approach to training gives a strong indication as to why Simon Dalrymple pulled the trigger at pick #45 - Bailey possesses a lethal right boot, clean and quick hands, and an understanding of the game that has enabled him to compete with more advanced bodies.

Drafted as a medium forward, he has developed traits and skills that could see him play in the midfield, offering another point of difference in a side that will be increasingly known for it's versatility.

Official BigFooty Bulldogs Player Advocate: 100action :p

Last edited:

Any chance Dale could play senior footy in 2015, depending on how the Bulldogs go in 2015 and what your other forwards and mid fielders will be like? :)

I'd say he is the least likely of our draftees to get a game in 2015 and they are all similar players. He is the least developed physically and I'd be very surprised if he gets a game next year.

Just as an aside I hear a lot of squabbling on the mainboard as to who is 'his' man or who is 'driving' the bandwagon and other 'first/shotgun' type nonsense.

Let this be ******* etched in stone, I was the first to make a positive post about him among a myriad of confused/negative/neutral posts. Therefore he belongs to no man but I. Said 'quote' can be found below.

Purely on the highlights, Bailey Dale's impressed me the most by some margin.

Its the only highlight video that shows any of our draftees consistently disposing by foot under pressure, exploding from congestion and kicking 50-60m goals. He has the best boot on him IMO. Based on the highlights alone he is the pick of the bunch.

Just as an aside I hear a lot of squabbling on the mainboard as to who is 'his' man or who is 'driving' the bandwagon and other 'first/shotgun' type nonsense.

Let this be ******* etched in stone, I was the first to make a positive post about him among a myriad of confused/negative/neutral posts. Therefore he belongs to no man but I. Said 'quote' can be found below.
Prior to your post, VitalDread claimed:
Shotgunning Dale as my other boy.

That said, VD already claimed Prudden (interpret that as you will) as 'his boy', and I believe at one point it was ruled that posters may only claim one player as 'their boy', so to speak.

He's all yours.

That said, VD already claimed Prudden (interpret that as you will) as 'his boy', and I believe at one point it was ruled that posters may only claim one player as 'their boy', so to speak.

He's all yours.
I shall allow this

That said, VD already claimed Prudden (interpret that as you will) as "his boy", and I believe at one point it was ruled that posters may only claim one player as "their boy", so to speak.

He's all yours.
that post was more of a "quickly post as you can" and a "in" on any type post, its like being on the sale of the century and smashing the buzzer before the announcer has uttered the first syallable.

Mine was the first objective analysis and consequential backing.

that post was more of a "quickly post as you can" and a "in" on any type post, its like being on the sale of the century and smashing the buzzer before the announcer has uttered the first syallable.

Mine was the first objective analysis and consequential backing.
I'll edit the OP to reflect this. :p

Dale clearly has the most creative ball use for mine out of the draftees, and that is saying something because they are all more than decent kicks. I think his pace and talent will allow him to play around mid year, even if his body is not physically developed. Hope to see a few games from him this year

Dale clearly has the most creative ball use for mine out of the draftees, and that is saying something because they are all more than decent kicks. I think his pace and talent will allow him to play around mid year, even if his body is not physically developed. Hope to see a few games from him this year
Yep it's a hard one - the most creative ball user but the least developed physically. As long as he gets through the year unscathed and plays plenty of minutes of football at any level I'll be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game tonight.

Join the 2024 Bailey Dale player sponsorship here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back