Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Full credit to the club using the Watts pick on an electrician. Up there with Hawthorn drafting Mitchell Lewis, or Lewis Mitchell or whatever his name was.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Very very very happy about this from an opposition POV.

I know his brother and lived next door to a mate of his and they're all absolutely buzzing.

I was shaking too as I too knew him from primary school.

Welcome Fritta.

Over the moon for Bayley, to go from almost not being able to play footy to working into one of the best forwards in the vfl to being drafted

Give him the #4 and watch him work

It'll see more work than its previous owner...
Just ******* leave it. What's the point of bullshit like this. JW gave more to this club than you ever will, have a bit of respect for a 9 year player.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
In the SEN Inside Football Draft Special, with a top score of 5, he rated as follows:

Kicking 4.5
Marking 4
Accumulating 3
Contested Ball 3.5
Speed 3
Agility 3.5
Endurance 3.5
Draft Range: Third Round

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not many Vfl guys got drafted this year which surprised me given the supposed shallow stocks at under 18 level.

Fritsch looks to be rather similar to Hannan in role, so I hope we can fit them both in.

Not many Vfl guys got drafted this year which surprised me given the supposed shallow stocks at under 18 level.

Fritsch looks to be rather similar to Hannan in role, so I hope we can fit them both in.
I expect a few to be taken in the rookie draft

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just ******* leave it. What's the point of bullshit like this. JW gave more to this club than you ever will, have a bit of respect for a 9 year player.
what did he actually give??? definitely wasnt his all. respect? you mean like his own club trading him with 2 years left on his contract. youd find he didnt show much respect or didnt give * all. so they had enough but carry on crying over the exact reason we were shite

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Over the moon for Bayley, to go from almost not being able to play footy to working into one of the best forwards in the vfl to being drafted

Give him the #4 and watch him work
I thought he looked really good when I went along to watch Casey this year. Seems to work hard to get to dangerous spots. I’m glad we picked him.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
He looks elite overhead with beautiful foot skills. From that clip though doesn’t look quick. That will be his challenge I reckon. If he’s playing on guys five yards quicker than him he better be good at contested marking because he won’t be getting anything uncontested.

Thanks mate. Happy with the dogs draft?
Prettt happy if naughton can fix his kicking action he will be an elite defender while Richards reminds me of JJ
Porter at 74 is a massive steal, if he was 6cm taller would be a top 30 player

How do you think Fritsch will go with the pace of AFL?
He's already quick now against afl defenders with limited pre season
In a full time environment he will be able to break off from his defender

Back