Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite was when Jordon snapped from the pocket and she said that would be like Jordan or Jordan esq if he pulled that off because you know Michael Jordan was known for kicking snags from the boundary line.
F Hell. NOW I know what her dumb comment was supposed to mean. I went to Jordan Lewis but got confused because his claim to fame is as a tough and skilled midfielder so ... ?

God that was dreadful commentary

My favourite was when Jordon snapped from the pocket and she said that would be like Jordan or Jordan esq if he pulled that off because you know Michael Jordan was known for kicking snags from the boundary line.

Thought this exact same thing

She could go from deplorable to stock standard if she just called the game without adding silly nicknames or descriptions for no apparent reason, like Lever has long arms, well yeh he is tall after all? So weird

Thought this exact same thing

She could go from deplorable to stock standard if she just called the game without adding silly nicknames or descriptions for no apparent reason, like Lever has long arms, well yeh he is tall after all? So weird
Supposedly Nick Haynes is now known as All Australian Nick Haynes. She couldn't say his name without mentioning that he's an All Australian. Did it at least 3 or4 times. FFS!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats sent Blicavs to him for most of the game too, and actually put JKolo(I think) on TMac. Fritta still managed to lose even Blitz a few times though mostly off forcing Cats turnovers up the ground, so not so much in a set defense setting.

Teams seem to respect Fritta and his simple footy nous and leading patterns nous makes him a difficult matchup(and I feel he'd be so much better in a team where forwards aren't instructed to congregate at a single central point inside 50 25M out), so imagine how difficult it'll be for teams to matchup with Benny Brown at full forward.

Now, if we could mix up the leading patterns from the other forwards, and maybe kick it 10M ahead of our forwards and give them time to run and jump at the footy; Jacko had some fantastic attempts where he ended up at least bringing the footy to ground coming from the side attacking a ball kicked to aforementioned central point. He's clearly someone who defenses SHOULD have to worry about IF we were capable of mixing up the forward 50 entries; doubly so for Ben Brown. And even Maxy Gawn; Maxy is a beanpole 208CM ruck, if you're plonking it on his head a good, smart defender is bodying him up, using their lower centre of gravity to advantage, and pushing him out of the pack; whereas if you're kicking it 10M in front of him he gets a chance to jump and extend the dukes.

With opposing help defenders plugging up that space in front of these guys, guys like Fritta, Milkshakes should be able to take advantage and get pretty easy leads into other areas in the forward 50. Feels like basically we're still playing with a handbrake on with Goody and his forward 50 entry philosophies.

Anyway: Fritta very good. Good to see his play get rewarded on the scoresheet and may this be the turning point that leads to Fritta delivering Maxy his long awaited coleman medal.

Kelly underwood playing that 4D chess.. turns out we do call him Slick Fritsch...

Cosmic.

Agree, time to remove the question marks from the title TheCount "Slick" has been 100% approved and confirmed I think 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back