Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone got a bit carried away here.

321288519_827827111839834_7717973022350481489_n.jpg

Forgive me. Been a looong time between posts, but I'm watching some weird practice match type thing and I see #31 who I thought was Fritsch. Did he give the number up?
No some magoo is just wearing the number

Underrated player, back to back 50 goal seasons and he's on track again. I have never felt so confident in anyone when he picks up the ball facing away, takes a step inside and snaps. He just slots them every single time but he's arguably in an AFL best 22 despite not getting AA nods.

Underrated player, back to back 50 goal seasons and he's on track again. I have never felt so confident in anyone when he picks up the ball facing away, takes a step inside and snaps. He just slots them every single time but he's arguably in an AFL best 22 despite not getting AA nods.
Pretty much sums up my feelings in the Sydney game. Was behind the goals when he picked the ball up and snapped for goals, was already out of my chair as soon as he got it. He's a real give and inch take a mile player.

Love when he plays higher up the ground and can mark and kick around the wings, because he delivers the ball so beautifully to forwards on the lead too.

He can be quiet for 3 quarters then kick 3 in a quarter. Don't think he's far away from another 7 goal game with the way we are moving the footy.

Some modern forwards don't love kicking goals. Fritta does.

Love when he plays higher up the ground and can mark and kick around the wings, because he delivers the ball so beautifully to forwards on the lead too.

He can be quiet for 3 quarters then kick 3 in a quarter. Don't think he's far away from another 7 goal game with the way we are moving the footy.

Some modern forwards don't love kicking goals. Fritta does.
How true is this, Daniher, Hipwood, McKay, Naughton etc you can tell they hate it. Fritta loves it. Media ruined him for a bit calling him selfish but I love when he's selfish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How true is this, Daniher, Hipwood, McKay, Naughton etc you can tell they hate it. Fritta loves it. Media ruined him for a bit calling him selfish but I love when he's selfish
The 'selfish' call was so bloody dumb. Bloke is the most natural goal kicker in our side and it's his job to finish. Let him work. How is it selfish to snap a goal from an angle when the alternative is passing to Trac 40m out out who will shank the set shot anyway?

I trust him the most of anyone in our team as a shot (maybe BBB for a set shot). If he's inside 50 just have a crack I reckon; puts them through more often then not.

I trust him the most of anyone in our team as a shot (maybe BBB for a set shot). If he's inside 50 just have a crack I reckon; puts them through more often then not.
He's kicked 120.45 in the last 50 odd games. Star.

Having him, Kozzy and Chandler all in the same F50 is amazing. All so accurate as a rule from snaps and ground balls.

God it just pisses me off how he selfishly is our 3x leading goalkicking in a row, is just so darn selfishly accurate and was so darn selfish when he kicked pivotal grandfinal goals.

Those 3 goal assists on the weekend were darn selfish too

He's kicked 120.45 in the last 50 odd games. Star.

Come a very long way since copping sprays like the one below. You didn't happen to grab him post-training SugarHealey style on a trip back down under did you?
If I hear the coaching staff say he 'tackles hard' and does team things Ill throw up -Terry Topkent

Dont do any tackling training, dont ******* run around the oval. Lean forward on your ******* set shots and take 100 at training every day and if you miss more than 2 in every 10. You can sleep on the ******* oval. Kicked a massive goal on the 3qt time siren but outside that he hurts us. Think it was Crusty Demon who said it but he leads deep into the pockets way too often and always has to kick difficult ones.

Come a very long way since copping sprays like the one below. You didn't happen to grab him post-training SugarHealey style on a trip back down under did you?
Kicked 42.40 the 2 years before so I'll probably take all the credit yep.

This is going to sound stupid but I’m going to stick by it regardless.

If he wasn’t an AFL forward then he should have been a dancer. It’s rare and lovely to watch to see someone that graceful kicking a goal. Even the way he celebrates, with a spin then running a circle to acknowledge the crowd is really elegant. I love it

This is going to sound stupid but I’m going to stick by it regardless.

If he wasn’t an AFL forward then he should have been a cassowary. It’s rare and lovely to watch to see someone that graceful kicking a goal. Even the way he celebrates, with a spin then running a circle to acknowledge the crowd is really elegant. I love it
FTFY 🦚

Remove this Banner Ad

Back