Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Was always weird last year how we all knew he was a beautiful kick technically but he was awful in front of goal. He is a very talented but also limited player in that he is a pure forward but can kick them from anywhere and is a great mark for his size.
yeah 100%

He isn't playing at a much higher level than last year. It's just his conversion has increased 5 fold

Last year when he was lining up for a goal you expected him to miss, this year no matter where he takes the shot from you are expecting him to kick it

Kicking 6 in a Granny as a third tall is nuts. What a gun

Probably stiff not to be AA now
I reckon if you're Max saying he'd win the Coleman in 2020 you're not too disappointed. 6th most scoring shots last year. 12 goals in this finals series.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So, Jack Watts lives up to the Messiah tag by (being the player we trade to get the pick we use on the player who ends up) kicking 6 in a Granny. What a fantastic bit of business!
I was at this Willy v Casey final with Fritsch kicking a bag and Wattsy with sunnies on talking about how we hasn't slept for 2 days. I remember feeling a cosmic shift happen. I knew we were going to pick Fritsch up - I didn't know he was going to kick 6 in a granny...and I didn't know we were going to trade Wattsy a few weeks later for the pick that got Fritsch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At half time I wanted to trade him

Grimesy is a nuff

that second quarter disposal of his, fmd, I was with you, think I might have ****ed me hand up when I punched the couch

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
that second quarter disposal of his, fmd, I was with you, think I might have f’ed me hand up when I punched the couch
Haha his first quarter I was offering him 10 year deal. second quarter, a couple of softer efforts, I was keen to sub him out. ..

I know we all saw it. But class prevails. I'm always happy to be wrong.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Just the 3rd Bimbadeen Heights Primary School (my 2nd primary school) student to snag a VFL/AFL flag after Matthew Bishop and Sam Mitchell.

The Coldstream Football Club connections would still be going nuts.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair, with Lever out in 2018 and Frost and Omac being the tortured geniuses that they were, we needed some marking power back there and Fritsch was worth a shot. He's also one of the most natural forwards to walk into the club in the last 20 years but we needed marking power back there (as has been shown with the success of the team this year).

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair, with Lever out in 2018 and Frost and Omac being the tortured geniuses that they were, we needed some marking power back there and Fritsch was worth a shot. He's also one of the most natural forwards to walk into the club in the last 20 years but we needed marking power back there (as has been shown with the success of the team this year).

Plus Hogan and Tmac had terrific years up forward in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back