Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Was amazed he fell into our lap at the draft tbh. Saw him a couple of times at Casey last season and he just had star written all over him. I said from day 1 he'd be picked Round 1 and never look back. Did not know he could play so well up the ground though. His skills are elite and has easily filled the void of Watts which justifies Goodwin's decision to move him on. Is courageous in the air, moves well across the ground, great skills and delivery into the F50 which we've desperately been looking for. Another dangerous player now on our list. Look out after another pre season or two and some more confidence.

Jesus, he’s not that good. Solid role player with a good boot and lot of courage going for the ball, but lay off guys

What’s not to like about him? Everything he does he does well.

I think he’s our most promising young (season 1-3) player behind Oliver - ‘role player’ is a poor call...

What’s not to like about him? Everything he does he does well.

I think he’s our most promising young (season 1-3) player behind Oliver - ‘role player’ is a poor call...
At this stage he needs to get fitter because he goes missing a lot

That running mark into the goal square was underrated and it's not the first death defying mark he's launched for this year. He looks like Jane but plays like Tarzan. Unlike Wattsy who looked like Jane and played like Jane's little sister
POTY

You've really stuck your neck out there!

Weideman, King, Johnstone, Hannan, Spargo, Baker, Petty are the other options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't vouch for his fitness but his past three weeks have been 18, 26 and 17 touches. Not bad for a first year player who isn't a natural midfielder.
Not exactly a huge surprise given our huge uncontested ball advantage in the forward half in the last month either

Surprisingly strong in the contest for a bloke who would look skinny in AFLW. Great mix of skill and hardness.

Does everything people thought watts did without being soft

Reminds me a bit of Matthew Lappin, the courage to fly in super hard despite the frame

You've really stuck your neck out there!

Weideman, King, Johnstone, Hannan, Spargo, Baker, Petty are the other options.

Haha fair play, apologies I didn’t have time to check through the entire list prior to posting I had assumed we had other players who would fit into that bracket...

Moral of the story - he’s a gun, does everything right at this stage of his career - decision making, disposal, courage, hard running to space, skills in close... seems to have a football nous that cannot be taught..

Gysberts2Bate pump the brakes on Fritsch and talk up ineffective 10 possession games from Weid is just another example of why i dont understand any of his opinions :D

Fritsch has to be the best player in last years draft wearing #31 with brown eyes, a left foot and the initials BF. Get excited G2B!! :p

Saying it again because I'm in the mood to be positive, young Bruce with some of Green's kicking.
Also looks like Green in a weird way. If you think I’m crazy - stay with me. Have a good look at his face in profile. Brad Green. I swear it’s odd.

Gysberts2Bate pump the brakes on Fritsch and talk up ineffective 10 possession games from Weid is just another example of why i dont understand any of his opinions :D

Fritsch has to be the best player in last years draft wearing #31 with brown eyes, a left foot and the initials BF. Get excited G2B!! :p
When have I ever talked up Weid? I just don’t think he’s s**t lol. You need to get better at dealing with people have opinions that aren’t yours

When have I ever talked up Weid? I just don’t think he’s s**t lol. You need to get better at dealing with people have opinions that aren’t yours

What? I enjoy your sporadic opinions, just as much as your flimsy criteria's, both amuse me greatly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back