Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole situation is weird.

Extend his contract, don't play him, then apparently decide we don't rate him and tell him he's free to look at his options.....then he decides to go to a club with one of the top 2 ruckmen....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
something went down, simple as that, same as when cam pederson left.

Pruess couldn’t now or I believe ever ruck 90% in a match

Probably never at AFL level.

He'd get blown up by the hard running ruckman.

This is why Melbourne will be utilising him in a tandem scenario.

He publicly said he was pissed off at not getting a game months ago.

I sat with his parents at the Sandringham game and the mother was verbalising her frustration at him not having had a game and said something about Brad not giving him a game and that she didn't know what his future held.

Looking back it makes me feel as though he may have been thinking about leaving back then. A mum doesn't make up thoughts like that on her own

I sat with his parents at the Sandringham game and the mother was verbalising her frustration at him not having had a game and said something about Brad not giving him a game and that she didn't know what his future held.

Looking back it makes me feel as though he may have been thinking about leaving back then. A mum doesn't make up thoughts like that on her own

She had a point.

She had a point.
A junior ruckman wasn't ever going to get a game in front of Goldie in multi dicks form.

I'm sure if the opportunity had been there due to injury or form Preussy would have got the call up.

If he'd been acting that he was owed games around the club I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have gone down well with Brad and leaders and that would have been communicated to him. Reading between the lines I'd reckon something along those lines happened and Preussy didn't take it well therefore brad's fault.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Melbourne Give up: Tyson, Pick 50
Melbourne Receive: Pruess, Pick 41

GC Give up: Pick 17, Pick 26, Pick 41
GC Receive: Tyson, Pick 28, Pick 50, Future 3rd round pick

North Give up: Pruess, Pick 28, Future 3rd round pick.
North Receive: Pick 17 & Pick 26

Dunno if the points/numbers work out, but this looks decent on paper.
That is a shocking deal

I hate how ppl start bagging Preuss because he wants out.... He will be a gun ruckman in the years to come simple as that.
His tanks pretty good now. We have some sore loser supporters.

But on the flip side a straight swap for tyson would be alright. He'd be better that who ever we'd get at pick 43-51.

Yes we have inside mids. But our depth is lacking. Couldn't go wrong he'd come cheap $$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a shocking deal

Really? I haven't seen your club offering Dom Tyson a new 4 year contract.

A 9 pick upgrade to bring in someone you really want at the cost of someone who is on the outer is far from shocking.

I think it's a pretty balanced deal now that the future 3rd has been added. Before that, GC were probably coming off the worst in the deal.

Good effort,

The problem is that means GC are effectively handing over a pick somewhere between pick 25 to pick 18 (depending on the third round pick they get from North) for Dom Tyson. I think we would all agree on that being overs.

dont see it being great for us,

we lose the hybrid for practically nothing, pick 26 a slight upgrade from 28 and bring forward from next year a pick we will definitely need if we are serious in having another crack at Kelly!

I hate how ppl start bagging Preuss because he wants out.... He will be a gun ruckman in the years to come simple as that.
His tanks pretty good now. We have some sore loser supporters.

But on the flip side a straight swap for tyson would be alright. He'd be better that who ever we'd get at pick 43-51.

Yes we have inside mids. But our depth is lacking. Couldn't go wrong he'd come cheap $$
With you, I think he'll punish us one day.

Melbourne has nothing we would want that they are prepared to trade, I think it is time to tell Pruess if he wants to be an AFL ruckman in the next two years he either knuckles down or finds a club that can give us something useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back