Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you suggesting this is what Melbourne promised Preuss? Highly doubtful, given, you know, Gawn ...
Probably should have worded it better.

They gave assurances that he was a priority and would get game time alongside Gawn.

Whereas we wanted him to develop to a point where he could take over from Goldy once he retired in a year or two.

Probably should have worded it better.

They gave assurances that he was a priority and would get game time alongside Gawn.

Whereas we wanted him to develop to a point where he could take over from Goldy once he retired in a year or two.

I think they set out to play hm regularly, but when their game plan was stuffed by the 6-6-6 rule and they realised how bad their spread was compared to other sides, they quickly shelved the idea of playing a lumbering prime mover with the tank of a moped.

I think they set out to play hm regularly, but when their game plan was stuffed by the 6-6-6 rule and they realised how bad their spread was compared to other sides, they quickly shelved the idea of playing a lumbering prime mover with the tank of a moped.
What a bunch of amateurs, being blind sided by the 6-6-6 rule. Oh, wait a minute ...

It’s fitting the big fella is a talking point this weekend as he is most certainly one of Brads success stories with regard to Preussy and his journey so far.
Thankfully young Brayden can look back at that fateful day on Errol St where he listened to and took up Brads advice and sat down with ‘The Guru’ for a coffee. Best $4.20 he ever spent.

‘The Guru’ was the only way into the housing market and Brayden dove in head first. What an achievement it’s turned out to be.

As we look back today nearly two years on since the contract was signed to earn $1.2 mil over his 3 years with the Demons - just WOW. This is absolutely the feel good story to get behind.

Now sitting 4th in line for a gig, with a horribly out of form key forward and an 18yo stringbean playing his 5th game both ahead of you for a game - Preussy mate you can finally kick your feet up, enjoy the time off and say ‘I owe it all to you Scotty’.

It’s fitting the big fella is a talking point this weekend as he is most certainly one of Brads success stories with regard to Preussy and his journey so far.
Thankfully young Brayden can look back at that fateful day on Errol St where he listened to and took up Brads advice and sat down with ‘The Guru’ for a coffee. Best $4.20 he ever spent.

‘The Guru’ was the only way into the housing market and Brayden dove in head first. What an achievement it’s turned out to be.

As we look back today nearly two years on since the contract was signed to earn $1.2 mil over his 3 years with the Demons - just WOW. This is absolutely the feel good story to get behind.

Now sitting 4th in line for a gig, with a horribly out of form key forward and an 18yo stringbean playing his 5th game both ahead of you for a game - Preussy mate you can finally kick your feet up, enjoy the time off and say ‘I owe it all to you Scotty’.

I wonder how much gear $1.2m would buy someone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since he left us, it's like he's been on the rich man's dole. Gets paid heaps every week, rarely plays.
25 years old with 18 games under his belt. 8 in his 4 years with us, and 10 in his 2 years at Melbourne. Even for big men who are notorious for being given extra time to come along, that's a pretty remarkable statline.

A great career in film, television and door security awaits the big fella.

Really, the bloke should be commended for getting 9 years of footy contracts out of AFL clubs.

25 years old with 18 games under his belt. 8 in his 4 years with us, and 10 in his 2 years at Melbourne. Even for big men who are notorious for being given extra time to come along, that's a pretty remarkable statline.

fair few ruckman end up going down this path (especially those that weren’t selected in the first/second round). Hickey/Pittonet/Vardy ect are all journeyman types. I still reckon Pruess will end up playing a fair bit of footy for GWS.

When you think about how much this bloke has been paid since he left us, for almost no game time, it makes the Dom Tyson trade look like a wise investment.

1 week for nearly killing Brodie Grundy.

He was actually looking really good too.

12 disposals, 6 marks and 6 tackles.

He started scratchy but improved as the game went on. No sign of the poor tank that impeded him for years. Silly action on Grundy and deserves the week.

GWS will be a real force if Preuss can maintain the form he showed in the second half (and cut out the silly acts).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back