Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing Preuss has over Goldstein is he KNOWS hes a big bastard and he knows how to use his size to block, hurt and position.

Goldstein sometimes plays like a 6 foot 75kg bloke the way he goes at contests.
Goldy has always done better against tap ruckman than guys like Martin, Mumford etc. His average games are always against smaller big built guys. Well I dont know that for sure but its what I've always observed or concluded to and wish he could match it with all.

I dont want to criticise Goldy but there is a video I remember where big Preussy outmarked him in training and he didnt look too happy after being beaten. Maybe he needs to not get so down and just try harder. But I think he is just playing injured. If he is injured I just wish the club would just rest him....or perhaps that is what theyre doing on the fly with him playing in the fwd line.

what a load of buttox
And now for something completely different...

images

...a man with three buttocks.

Hope he takes the Bulldogs apart and continues his upwards spiral.

Ps;
Our mids need to lift and start making use of us winning taps.

Far too often GWS read the ball better, leading to a huge clearance gap last weekend.

Still deserves his spot in the team IMO.

And for such a man whose extremities are so far away from eachother and who is trained by our skills coach, his skills are surprisingly good. Generally seems to make good decisions and executions when he gets it in a possession chain, in fact I'm impressed by his ability to handball to a runner.

Almost hard to see him not taking the competition by the scruff of the neck over the next few years a la Sandilands of 10 years ago. I can't see an obvious weakness - kicking, marking, in play awareness, below the knees - all already look capable. Just needs games and experience. Tank will grow with time - rugby league players don't require big tanks - more a burst sport.

Is Preuss eligible to win rookie of the year? This guy is an absolute star in the making. Another example along with Goldy of why you don't waste first round picks on ruckman, you never know if they will pan out, it's more about how you develop them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Preuss eligible to win rookie of the year? This guy is an absolute star in the making. Another example along with Goldy of why you don't waste first round picks on ruckman, you never know if they will pan out, it's more about how you develop them.

Not eligible. Apparently an age limit. Silly really. You pluck some mature age guy from the VFL -WAFL - SANFL etc. who has an outstanding rookie season and some stick twig from the GWS academy who plays 12 games wins.

Not eligible. Apparently an age limit. Silly really. You pluck some mature age guy from the VFL -WAFL - SANFL etc. who has an outstanding rookie season and some stick twig from the GWS academy who plays 12 games wins.
That's strange, he's only 21 turning 22 years old? We only picked him 2 years ago! Damn, would of been some good publicity for the people to talk about the teams up and coming young guns.

Doesn't hit up as a forward and either does Goldy.
Both deserve to play but I think one will go and it will be Preuss because it's the easier call.

I think Preuss should play next week but if one one of him and Goldy have to go of course it will be Preuss because Goldy is one of our best players. Nothing to do with being an easier call.

I'm wondering when he comes back from rest by the way.
rest for the rest of the year??

I'm wondering when he comes back from rest by the way.
rest for the rest of the year??
That would be my worry.

It may be an unpopular opinion but regardless of their form, if they were both fit I would prefer Daw in the team rather than Preuss. Structurally Daw is a better fit, but more than that I think Daw's improvement will mainly come from playing in the seniors whereas Preuss's improvement can easily come from additional fitness, training, and VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back