Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheesh if nankervis is overhyped i shudder to think what goldy is??

Nankervis is having a good silid year. Other than that i havnt heard people rating him overs.
Godly is an All Australian. Not overhyped at all. He is also having a lean run now and we are hearing all about it.

Nankervis has played a handful of good games.

It's a fair difference.

My take on the preuss/goldy dilemma:

Clubs preference is preuss. They have told him he is the future. However, they need to play goldy this year as not to diminish his trade value.
So preuss will continue to learn the craft and build his fitness base in the magoos. And smash it up in 2018

Overall a sound strategy as long as it doesn't cost us Preuss being poached.

Agree. Not wanting to sound melodramatic but you would think that if Goldy does play on with North next year then Preussy will be at risk.
This is that one scenario where the big fella has come on quicker than normal and quicker than the footy dept. had planned for!

Godly is an All Australian. Not overhyped at all. He is also having a lean run now and we are hearing all about it.

Nankervis has played a handful of good games.

It's a fair difference.
I don't recall a high AA quality Richmond ruckman since General Lee. The profiles of guys like Nankervis or Maric will always be enhanced by the general hype that surrounds the AFLs love and promotion of Richmond and its large supporter base rather than talent.

My take on the preuss/goldy dilemma:

Clubs preference is preuss. They have told him he is the future. However, they need to play goldy this year as not to diminish his trade value.
So preuss will continue to learn the craft and build his fitness base in the magoos. And smash it up in 2018
Except playing goldy aint increasing his trade value when all in sunbury are watching him stink it up.

Why would it tho?

One of the things about Preuss is his development. He is being trained by someone who knows what they are doing and have turned him into a sought after commodity with 2 senior games under his belt. If you are in his position why would you leave someone who has taken you this far and continues to develop you well, especially if the club has said "you're on for next year for sure." I dunno if that has been said but if it has ... you'd be stupid to walk away from the you beaut ruck coach who has brought you to this point. If he is that stupid he might not be all he is hyped up to be in the long run anyway.

Goldy is obviously playing so I hope he has a blinder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's yesterdays groin!

Steve, when tending to various groins, did you charge different amounts for different groins?

I would assume Robbie was more expensive than say a NDS?

Steve, when tending to various groins, did you charge different amounts for different groins?

I would assume Robbie was more expensive than say a NDS?

I'm pretty sure he treated Nahas pro bono.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back