Past #31: Cameron Delaney - selected by Geelong with pick 34 in 2014 Rookie Draft - delisted end '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Stood next to him last night (as you may have, too). He's certainly tall enough to be a KPD, but still a bit on the 'lean' side. If he adds a bit more muscle, he may well become the one who can play on the gorilla forwards in coming years.

Yes, I don't think he's ever going to be massive, but he's very athletic. More Jake Carlisle than Brian Lake.

He also has a very small head.

Yes, I don't think he's ever going to be massive, but he's very athletic. More Jake Carlisle than Brian Lake.

He also has a very small head.

Speaking of small heads, let's hope Super Cam > Super Gav. At the moment, there's only a short half head in it.

I like the look of him, always have. Made a couple of threads about him over the last two seasons talking him up and that turned out well.

This pre-season I'm not saying a word, for Cam's sake.

Probably fair enough.

Can't carry broken down players forever, especially when we are already carrying others.

Unlucky that never got a decent run at it, might get a rookie chance to keep the door ajar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he ail get retained on the rookie list by the sounds of the comments from walsh either?

This has me suprised. I know he has struggled with injury but we have given players like Grima and Tarrant ample time and stuck with them..He has talent.. His attitude not right?

Usually they give a good indication that they will be retained on the rookie list in the finalising statements. Doesn't seem that way with Cam.

Can't believe they would retain McMahon over Delaney.

Why?

We do need depth that can actually turn up if and when required.

Curran and Delaney were always likely to be delisted from main list, and fair enough despite being unlucky concerning their injuries.

For some reason his name isn't in the Contracts thread, but I remember him being on a long deal, to the end of 2015 or possibly even 2016? In any case, with his horrid run with injury, retaining him as a rookie is a good move in my opinion. Tippett deserves to be ahead of him at this point.

For some reason his name isn't in the Contracts thread, but I remember him being on a long deal, to the end of 2015 or possibly even 2016? In any case, with his horrid run with injury, retaining him as a rookie is a good move in my opinion. Tippett deserves to be ahead of him at this point.

He's off the list because he's been cut but you're right, he was contracted for another year.

how does the rookie and PSD work, could other teams claim players delisted with the intention to pick them back up?
There is a kind of gentlemen's agreement whereby when clubs flag that they intend on rookieing their own delisted player that the other clubs let them through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back