Past #31: Connor Menadue - delisted end '21 - 7 NM games - 46 AFL games - thanks Connor

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought this guy was very good in key parts yesterday - some good poise and skill shown
I agree; as a back-up pick-up (if that's the expression) he's been a find. Kudos to the list management team - they found a steady professional who still fits in the 24-26 year old demographic we need

I agree; as a back-up pick-up (if that's the expression) he's been a find. Kudos to the list management team - they found a steady professional who still fits in the 24-26 year old demographic we need
Honestly he has a lot of upside still too. A year out from footy would have set him back heavily, and he's only just getting a consistent run of games. There's no reason he doesn't have some legitimate development left in him on top of regaining more feel for the game.

I was critical of us getting him but he's a solid pick up. Was talking to someone who is his brother in law. Said he had said to him that he felt as if the club had made him the scapegoat for the rd 1 loss. This guy goes hard doesnt shirk a contest and deserves his spot especially with boner injured

I was critical of us getting him but he's a solid pick up. Was talking to someone who is his brother in law. Said he had said to him that he felt as if the club had made him the scapegoat for the rd 1 loss. This guy goes hard doesnt shirk a contest and deserves his spot especially with boner injured
we need another 3 or 4 pick ups like this, reliable developed journeymen to fill the 24-27 year olds black hole that we created drafting spuds like Wagner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just thinking that he's been pretty decent and I'm usually pretty calm when he's got ball in hand, so checked Footywire and I'm maybe surprised to see he's ranked 20th in the league in disposal efficiency (EDIT: it's actually effective disposal percentage, which I think makes it a better stat than disposal efficiency alone). I think it's fair to say he usually takes simple options when he has the pill, which contributes to that, but that's certainly not a criticism. As arguably the 44th player on the list, he's actually been really solid imo.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie when I was watching the game and when he got the ball I was like wtf why is comben playing, they lowkey look similar. My brain is fried

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was just thinking that he's been pretty decent and I'm usually pretty calm when he's got ball in hand, so checked Footywire and I'm maybe surprised to see he's ranked 20th in the league in disposal efficiency (EDIT: it's actually effective disposal percentage, which I think makes it a better stat than disposal efficiency alone). I think it's fair to say he usually takes simple options when he has the pill, which contributes to that, but that's certainly not a criticism. As arguably the 44th player on the list, he's actually been really solid imo.
good find, thanks, and even though I've previously posted that he's been a handy pick-up, I'm surprised too by that kind of ranking; efficiency like that at HBF is pretty useful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back