Past #31: Connor Menadue - delisted end '21 - 7 NM games - 46 AFL games - thanks Connor

Remove this Banner Ad

Have always had an eye on him because he was one of the quicks I wanted us to go for in the 2014 draft.

Was pleasantly surprised to see him on the park yesterday having not followed any media on the day. Thought he was reasonable.

Positioned well and tried to atone after errors. As others have mentioned it's worth remembering he hasn't played at any level since 2019.

If and when he can get back into the swing of it he can unleash his elite pace. Unlike years of bringing in various stodgy clones at least here we've plumped for a guy out a successful ( :( ) system who has attributes we sorely need.

Menadue was delisted at the end of the 2019 season

But in a whirlwind three months, he was selected by the Roos at the Rookie Draft

hqdefault.jpg

Woud've been a long 3 months from October 2019 to December 2020 for Connor.

Probably felt like it went for 14 months.

hqdefault.jpg

Woud've been a long 3 months from October 2019 to December 2020 for Connor.

Probably felt like it went for 14 months.
Three months between being drafted by us and making his debut. I imagine the 11 months working at Rebel was not that much of a whirlwind.

Certainly the fumble was noteworthy, don’t often see players just throw the ball away when running by
themselves....

play of the week must go to Tyson , much as Mahoneys multiple stuff ups were tragically entertaining, Dom on the boundary line , with a grotesque look of terror in his eyes, attempts to punch the ball away, and did that badly

Are you not entertained! as the fat kiwi would say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him a run of games so he gets more comfortable and see what he's got. We've absolutely nothing to lose.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He's certainly better suited to this game plan at the moment than a few others.

Should keep his spot over kids until at least we get some cavalry back. Ultimately I think we have better options when everyone is fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back