Past #31: Connor Menadue - delisted end '21 - 7 NM games - 46 AFL games - thanks Connor

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to North Melbourne, Connor Menadue.

With pick 18 in the 2020 Rookie Draft, North Melbourne has selected Connor Menadue.

Menadue played 39 AFL games for Richmond before being delisted at the end of 2019, and joins the club from Werribee.

A wingman/midfielder with pace and a booming kick, Menadue was a key part of Richmond's 2019 VFL premiership.

“We have been in regular contact with Connor throughout 2020 in a view to listing him at some stage,” National Recruiting Manager, Mark Finnigan said.

“He was the fifth piece of our plan to bring in AFL experience on the back of bringing in Corr, Stephenson, Young and Atu.

“His run and carry was really appealing to us, as was his positional versatility.

“Given how much youth has come into the club, Connor will bring along some great experience to our group.”

Last edited:

This is a tad perplexing!

It feels like we've drafted Sam Power over again!

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bit of a strange one, you would have thought if we were keen we would have taken him last year.

Still, was one of the best players in the VFL in 2019 and has genuine leg speed. He ran a 2.88 sec 20m in his draft year in 2014.

Last spot on the list, to strengthen the VFL side with a hail mary isn't the worst.

Comes with AFL experience into a list that lost lots of it. I don't suggest he'll play much senior footy for us, but he would be handy backup

Wouldn't think we'd whinge about this one
Give me time, I’m a good whinger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Everyone thought we were going to need to fill up with discards after delisting 12 players this year. We took one rookie and he's a guy that has shown a lot of talent in the AFL without developing the necessary all-round game. Not bad, not good but North Melbourne lives to fight on another year.

Jul 12, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is a tad perplexing!

It feels like we've drafted Sam Power over again!

Or David Bourke!!

PS. I thought David Bourke was a good footballer, just unfairly compared to his father and injury prone (IIRC).

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
Brad and his side kick back in charge?

Wanted him in 2014 but that was a long time ago. Would rather we kept Ed from the same draft.

Bit of a strange one, you would have thought if we were keen we would have taken him last year.

Still, was one of the best players in the VFL in 2019 and has genuine leg speed. He ran a 2.88 sec 20m in his draft year in 2014.

Last spot on the list, to strengthen the VFL side with a hail mary isn't the worst.
What was he doing last season? Did he play any footy at any level?

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Comes with AFL experience into a list that lost lots of it. I don't suggest he'll play much senior footy for us, but he would be handy backup

Wouldn't think we'd whinge about this one
Absolutely, not every player gets to play seniors and the goal is to raise the standard on all levels.
good get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back