Past #31: Connor Menadue - delisted end '21 - 7 NM games - 46 AFL games - thanks Connor

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see Finnigan say Menadue was earmarked as a Roo for most of the year, and part of the plans moving forward as far as maturity goes.

“We have been in regular contact with Connor throughout 2020 in a view to listing him at some stage,” National Recruiting Manager, Mark Finnigan said.

“He was the fifth piece of our plan to bring in AFL experience on the back of bringing in Corr, Stephenson, Young and Atu."

It goes to show again how little information the club is releasing - it may have been a surprise to many but he's been considered a cog for long enough.

I always thought he was deserving of a second chance somewhere, good luck to him.
Interesting to see Finnigan say Menadue was earmarked as a Roo for most of the year, and part of the plans moving forward as far as maturity goes.

“We have been in regular contact with Connor throughout 2020 in a view to listing him at some stage,” National Recruiting Manager, Mark Finnigan said.

“He was the fifth piece of our plan to bring in AFL experience on the back of bringing in Corr, Stephenson, Young and Atu."

It goes to show again how little information the club is releasing - it may have been a surprise to many but he's been considered a cog for long enough.

Wait, I am seeing doubles here. Four Christmas mods.

Setting the standard at training and putting pressure on players out of the middle - Connor chasing them down will be a plus. Also good luck catching him when ball in hand. We've really upped the competition at training in the midfield. Can't wait to see some intra club games.

After that it's up to them to take their chances and prove they deserve a game in the ones. Hope he has a real crack.

Interest from two months ago, spoke with Clayton and told him we will be keeping tabs on him.

On Monday , he spoke with Clayton and Noble.

Found out today at 11:45am that he would be picked up. Was working at Rebel Sports Point Cook and received a call from his manager .

Got on with Noble when he first spoke. Felt like he had met him before.

Wants to help improve the team where ever he can. Not there to make up the numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MENADUE: I first spoke to Scott Clayton a couple of months ago. He said they would keep an eye on me and they had some interest. I spoke with Scott and David Noble on Monday and then found out around 11.45am when my name was read out

MENADUE: I felt like an 18 year-old again. Plenty of calls and messages. It's a bit strange being drafted twice but it's been an unreal day

MENADUE: Not many get the chance to play AFL footy and I have got another chance. I'm not sure if I will get another one so I need to make this count

MENADUE: I got on really well with David Noble. It was like I had met him before. I wasn't intimidated at all and I really look forward to playing under him

MENADUE: I don't want to be a fringe player. I want to come in and play some good senior footy

Interest from two months ago, spoke with Clayton and told him we will be keeping tabs on him.

On Monday , he spoke with Clayton and Noble.

Found out today at 11:45am that he would be picked up. Was working at Rebel Sports Point Cook and received a call from his manager .

Got on with Noble when he first spoke. Felt like he had met him before.

Wants to help improve the team where ever he can. Not there to make up the numbers.

He spoke very well and he arrives with the hunger a second chance draftee would have. Said the Richmond players had all been contacting him with congrats and added they were all rapt for him.

This very much felt like a Clayton pick.

I.e He liked him back when he was 18 and it's still sat with him. He's exactly a traditionally Clayton's type of footballer.

Looks like it's exactly what it was.

its a sign of my complete lack of interest in non north afl over the last few years that i dont even know who this guy is. i like what im seeing in the videos though. good luck to him.

Wonder why he wasn’t selected at the end of 2019 when he was delisted?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back