Past #31: Connor Menadue - delisted end '21 - 7 NM games - 46 AFL games - thanks Connor

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 19, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GRM, Williams
Connor Menadue = the Handa a Man a Granda Spanna

He spoke on SEN this arvo and seemed to realise this is his last chance and said he was not there to be a Injury replacement.Has pace and can kick goals.So as a Rookie I would say not a bad get.He can show the young guys how to train and you never know.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People bagging him for his time at Richmond........it's not easy getting a permanent gig, when your side is winning flags and in constant contention.

Finnigan said he's the 5th piece, along with our other trades. So I reckon he'll be playing.

Good luck, Connor.

You're now a shinboner.

Going into a season with a list size impacted by covid, he has AFL experience, I really don't mind the pick.

Might turn out that he doesn't play a game, but he's good backup.

Can say why not take a punt on a kid, but in a year where the recruiters have had limited access to seeing the kids play, Connor is a better punt IMO.

Welcome to North :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Pretty solid pick for you guys. Was a taf unlucky at the Tiger sgiven our depth at HB with Houli, Short, Baker, Ellis, Markov, Naish etc.

Has all the tools to be a solid player at AFL level. Quick, clean skills, good endurance, takes the game on, solid overhead.

That being said, he isn't the most ohysical bloke so defensively he could improve. Also struggled to find the football at AFL level at times at Half Back.

I daresay he would be better suited as a wingman on as a dangerous half forward flanker personally.

I received a message tonight from his cousin (who I had no idea was related to him, or that she even followed footy), and she said he’s absolutely rapt to get this opportunity with North, and he’s hellbent on giving it his absolute all. The family felt (as family would) he was unlucky to be behind so many players who’d become staples of a triple premiership side but he feels stronger for being among them and seeing what it takes to make it. He’s determined to grab his chance, make a spot in the 1’s his own, and fight off all challengers by his performance in games and while training along the way.

Good luck Connor. Love the attitude!

I kept reading the "my manager called me while I was at Rebel Point Cook" as the manager of the Rebel Sports store called him, and I kept wondering why we'd call the manager of Rebel Sports Point Cook to tell them that one of their employees was being drafted before telling the employee

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I kept reading the "my manager called me while I was at Rebel Point Cook" as the manager of the Rebel Sports store called him, and I kept wondering why we'd call the manager of Rebel Sports Point Cook to tell them that one of their employees was being drafted before telling the employee

Absolutely read like that to me too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So he wasn't working at Rebel Sports Point Cook?

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This guy only has to show some good pre season form and Noble will play him on the wing.

Noble is looking for pace and we dont have a lot of it ready yo go at AFL level.

The intra clubs are going to be interesting!

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I would think that he'll likely take Higgo's spot until the kids can push him out in a year or two. I don't mind this selection at all, he'll buy time for others to develop with the upside being he may totally surprise. Still not a bad age going fwd.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Stephenson, Menadue, Polec. We now actually have multiple viable options for moving things along at pace and/or with precision.

Feels weird. We're suddenly going to have potential depth in running and ball-winning and f'all tall targets.

We've flipped our Scott blueprint on its head.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
A likely story TT

TT is lying. He doesn't know the cousin.

Clearly TT went to school with Connor Menadue's dad but doesn't want the blowback from another masonic connection.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope he has built up his body a bit from his Richmond days. Even after a few years he was still a twig.

Also hope he has the confidence to use his speed. Even though he tests quick, you never really seen him break the lines that often at AFL level or even back at TAC cup level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back