Past #31: Connor Menadue - delisted end '21 - 7 NM games - 46 AFL games - thanks Connor

Remove this Banner Ad

I kept reading the "my manager called me while I was at Rebel Point Cook" as the manager of the Rebel Sports store called him, and I kept wondering why we'd call the manager of Rebel Sports Point Cook to tell them that one of their employees was being drafted before telling the employee

1607652025281.png

I had Terminator series on my mind but all good ; )
Yeah, I was being silly.

I thought that was better than Connor Menadue = The Highlander

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't I buy LPs at Brashs any more? Marcia Hines rocks!
I may be an oldie, but I have seen all 4 Premierships...IN COLOUR.
Right on Mr B! Used to do radio ads for Brash’s - lots of good memories.

Bumped into a Tiggers mate today who wanted to talk up Menadue too. Reckons he was unlucky to be behind a couple of better players but often seemed a little unlucky to be dropped when he got his chance. Reckons he was surprised he wasn’t picked up last year.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Bumped into a Tiggers mate today who wanted to talk up Menadue too. Reckons he was unlucky to be behind a couple of better players but often seemed a little unlucky to be dropped when he got his chance. Reckons he was surprised he wasn’t picked up last year.

Tigers fans have nothing but good things to say about him.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thoughts The acurate one? looks suspiciously like a shitmen...

Hello remfan101,

I am glad you bought this to the collective boards attention. " Shitmen" gets thrown around here often and not a lot of thought seems to go into it. There's actual science behind "shitmen".

Majak Daw - no shitmen.

Will Walker - shitmen

Connor Menadue- no shitmen.

John Butcher Port Adelaide's - Pick 8, 31 games in six years, the only reason he played 31 games or lasted six years was Port tried to save face. Fyfe went after him. John you're a shitmen

The archetypal Shitmen are taken early in the draft, preferably first round but can stretch to the end of the second round as long as a "gun" is taken by another club within 5 picks. eg We draft a shitmen with pick 26 and club 'x' draft a gun with 31.
Also some of the best shitmen can join your team via a trade. The more you pay and the worse they are is the key here. And of course the longer they remain on a list only enhances their reputation.

McConnell from WCE- shitmen
Jon Hay- no shitmen, illness must be taken into consideration. Hope he's doing ok.

1607750975639.png

I've a good eye for shitmen, not nearly as good as our club once was I admit. Sheesh we could find those turds early in a draft or of course via trade.

So onto WW and why he's a shitmen. 6 games in three years, yes he's had injuries but he doesn't look like a footballer. He's had leg issues and has the upper body of an Ethiopian long distance runner.🤷‍♂️.

Seriously I'd have though he would have found time to do a little work in the hope of getting his career moving. And of course Kelly went the very next pick and left the Cats well placed.

Wil is a shitmen that could change but no one has ever come back from there before.

Hope this has cleared it up for you?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it needs further explaining TAO....... ; )

Plus you should be getting spruced up for the younger lass tonight.

Yes it does that was a very quick overview of the "shitmen". I will be naming our shitmen team of every century soon enough. This team is guaranteed to never win a game ever!

This bloke is a chance of being named

1607753092178.png

8:00pm at a wine bar in Surrey Hills. Have ironed a shirt that hasn't any missing buttons 👍.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes it does that was a very quick overview of the "shitmen". I will be naming our shitmen team of every century soon enough. This team is guaranteed to never win a game ever!

View attachment 1027144

8:00pm at a wine bar in Surrey Hills. Have ironed a shirt that hasn't any missing buttons 👍.

Have a good night T.A.O. 👍

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

View attachment 1027144

Ok, Hills at 8 it is. See you then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back