Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to see how he develops physically over the next couple of years.

Will he become a more bulky/powerful forward line player or stay on the more slight side and perhaps progress his game on a wing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know that?

Well, Curtis' Mum is Simone's sister.

How do you reckon she feels about her sister being repeatedly humiliated like Warne did to her?

Curtis was actually asked about this at the rather awkward presser when he was drafted and the video is rather interesting.

He acknowldges his cousins and says something oike, "we're connected through Shane".

It isn't excctly a ringing endorsement of his love for the bloke.

Little bit of Scott Welsh about his play for any kids of the 90s.
Interesting comparison. Welsh was a good mark for his size, and later in his career was able to put quite a bit of muscle onto his frame as well. And he was a bit taller than Curtis I think. Definitely some exciting attributes to work with there.

Well, Curtis' Mum is Simone's sister.

How do you reckon she feels about her sister being repeatedly humiliated like Warne did to her?

Curtis was actually asked about this at the rather awkward presser when he was drafted and the video is rather interesting.

He acknowldges his cousins and says something oike, "we're connected through Shane".

It isn't excctly a ringing endorsement of his love for the bloke.
FWIW, having gone through a divorce myself I'd say it doesn't have to affect his respect for Warne. Yes he'd be hearing all kinds of stuff from his family, but at the end of the day, with boys it's all about how Warne was able to interact with him over the years, and since their split with Simone, were there any regular common activities with his cousins etc. What happened between Shane and Simone (albeit a lot of it being public) doesn't have to affect anything to do with how good a dad Shane is, and how good an uncle he is.

Curtis had a nice initiation vs Geelong, which gave him a taste for the pace of the game and how to play at Marvel. This game will be a step up in intensity, but he should be more ready for it I reckon. Despite his skinny frame, he could be an important player in this match for us. Kick a couple and provide plenty of pressure.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back