Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtis Taylor continues to make an impact for North Melbourne’s VFL side.

The impressive youngster was among a trio of AFL-listed talent to stand out at Arden Street in a practice match against Port Melbourne.

VFL senior coach David Loader praised the form of Taylor, alongside emerging Roos Tarryn Thomas and Tom Murphy.

“It looks like something is going to happen all the time when Curtis is near the ball,” Loader told North Media.

“Curtis plays with real energy, super lively. He’s got the ability to jump in the pack, but hit the ground and still be involved in the contest.

“He gets up the ground and can get back to help us win the ball. He played with high energy.”

He's the same height as Ziebell.
He is definitely no crumbing small forward, but he plays very differently to Ziebell. From what I've seen, I'd suggest he reminded me to some of Sydney's medium forwards and Richmond's.

He’s barely played a bad game so far, good signs for a kid with his physique, generally points to being a long term AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm quietly impressed by Brad playing three teenagers for two weeks in a row. I'm not optimistic enough to imagine him playing four. Would like to see him get a look in soon though.

Lot to like about this kid, definitely the next debut I'm looking forward to the most.
I hope this kid can get a game ASAP but when your named on an extended bench in the VFL it will be hard .
But if he had an old man that played at the club he be playing AFL now and even if he lacked skill heart and determination he still be playing AFL no names no pactrill 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back