Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

I’ve only seen the highlights of Taylor, but something about him reminds me of Corey Jones.

Jones was seriously underrated and looked like becoming an absolute gun in 2007.
Was not quite the same when he was knocked out.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I’ve only seen the highlights of Taylor, but something about him reminds me of Corey Jones.

Jones was seriously underrated and looked like becoming an absolute gun in 2007.

I witnessed him take apart Hawthorn in Launceston in 2007 when he kicked 7.4.

AZZAAAAAAAAA took a great hanger in that match too.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Thought that too. Just tried not to post about one of my favourite players again for the umpteenth time.

Corey Jones was every bit on par if not superior (had ridiculous courage to go with his talent) to Steven Johnson pre-injury.

Thought that too. Just tried not to post about one of my favourite players again for the umpteenth time.

Corey Jones was every bit on par if not superior (had ridiculous courage to go with his talent) to Steven Johnson pre-injury.

He was an amazing footballer really, nothing at all to look at physically but capable of the amazing. A real pure talent. Haven't seen him around the traps since retirement so hopefully he is doing well.

He was an amazing footballer really, nothing at all to look at physically but capable of the amazing. A real pure talent. Haven't seen him around the traps since retirement so hopefully he is doing well.

Still smashing it up at Wycheproof-Narraport in the North Central Footy League last I heard. I don't know if he has succumbed to the Birchip Bakery vanilla slices with respect to his physique (NTTAWWT)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Still smashing it up at Wycheproof-Narraport in the North Central Footy League last I heard. I don't know if he has succumbed to the Birchip Bakery vanilla slices with respect to his physique (NTTAWWT)

Still racking up 50 disposal/20 mark/8 goal games from the centre?

I know he has won the comp B&F and goal kicking and finally got his well deserved flag.

CoJo, in typically unassuming modest fashion, in the background and off to the side despite being the sides best player.

I have huge admiration for blokes that go back and give to their junior clubs once they hang up the AFL boots.

Grand Final 2018 web 9.jpg

Grand Final 2018 web 6.jpg

Was never the same after he got concussed against Essendon in Round 1, 2008.
Granted he came back and kicked a bag the following week against Richmond but the signs were there and it seemed to be his last hurrah.

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Although he hasn't been participating much in the full training simulation Curtis has really impressed with his professionalism and willingness to learn.

He is the stand out at setting the training standards in the gym for the new draftees.
Keep going, tell us about more players dear inner scrote friend

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Still racking up 50 disposal/20 mark/8 goal games from the centre?

I know he has won the comp B&F and goal kicking and finally got his well deserved flag.

CoJo, in typically unassuming modest fashion, in the background and off to the side despite being the sides best player.

I have huge admiration for blokes that go back and give to their junior clubs once they hang up the AFL boots.

Grand Final 2018 web 9.jpg

Grand Final 2018 web 6.jpg

Missed this post at the time. Imagine playing country footy and having to defend Corey Jones?

Might not have been a superstar but was hard as nails and had incredible goal sense. Would make even the tightest defender at that level look stupid. At that level would probably demand a KPD too.

Missed this post at the time. Imagine playing country footy and having to defend Corey Jones?

Might not have been a superstar but was hard as nails and had incredible goal sense. Would make even the tightest defender at that level look stupid. At that level would probably demand a KPD too.
Had superstar status in my house. Hard as a cats head and as brave as the crazy cat Leigh Colbert. That goal against Sydney up there to win the game is why we play footy and love it entirely.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Pretty sure he played onball for a while and then slotted in to a HBF. Had some monster games on the ball (50 disposals & 7 goals)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
How could anyone not love a bloke who would bring his dog to training.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The dog wasn't just there to make up numbers though. Came 3rd in its 1st beep test and polled higher in the 2006 Syd than Mark Powell.

I like the way everyone was like OH WARNEY IS HIS UNCLE and when asked he very much gave a vibe of "Shane treated my auntie like s**t and I hate him"

Back