Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would have liked to see him go for goal with his first possession rather than handball. I see it with all the young players (Taylor, TT, Scott, LDU) that their first action inside 50 is to look to give it off rather than take the shot themselves. Then they give it off to the senior players like Wood, JZ, Higgo, etc who spray it all over the shop. I understand the team oriented ethos, but I would love to see the coaches tell Curtis to take the chance rather than the obvious instruction to focus purely on the system, just do the pressure acts, and follow the lead of the senior players. Brad's whole player development mentality is plain to see on the field and clearly contrasts with the way the kids are both having fun and having big impacts at Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood, Port, etc.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was everywhere in the first half.

Good signs that the football brain is there, just physically can't keep up with his footy IQ at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back