Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

But he wasn't mate?

I'm not sure relative draft positions should be used to compare senior players but if they are, all we can compare is -actual- draft position.

Clubs aren't withholding drafting players to make a point (except for Dodoro). If a player goes at 46 then nobody prior rated him higher for their list needs.

Fwiw there was an article mentioning us and the dogs being into Kayne before the 2013 drafts iirc.

I think you need to take into account that clubs can have a big gap in between picks through trading and picking up academy kids.
We got Thomas at pick 8 and then didn’t get to have another bite until the 40’s. We could have potentially rated him in the teens for all we know, but just didn’t have the picks in that range.
There are clubs in a similar scenario to that every year, where they have a massive gap in between picks or they might rate a kid slightly more than others.
He wasn’t invited to draft night for no reason, one or multiple clubs were obviously interested.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasnt there an interview where Higgins was spruiking him up off screen recently ?? I think within the inner scrote......that theyre expecting big things.
Its positive on all fronts......Garner, Turner, Wood are all on notice. They need to step up and raise their efforts or hop off. The club cannot afford employing those players that do not continue their productivity this year.

They do.

The first two things i want in young kids is to keep their feet in a contest and be one touch players.

For the roles he and Bailey play, yep, basically start from the traits.

Wasnt there an interview where Higgins was spruiking him up off screen recently ?? I think within the inner scrote......that theyre expecting big things.
Its positive on all fronts......Garner, Turner, Wood are all on notice. They need to step up and raise their efforts or hop off. The club cannot afford employing those players that do not continue their productivity this year.

Hmmm, Garner no, Turner is injured, Wood yes.

Hmmm, Garner no, Turner is injured, Wood yes.
like for like, Garner = Taylor and Turner = Mahony.
Garner not playing enough I see the reason why we bought Taylor into the club.
Turner has great defensive pressure within the forward line but theres a case he doesnt kick enough goals.
And Wood.....nobody wants him, couldn't be traded last season. I really want this lad to extract a digit.

like for like, Garner = Taylor and Turner = Mahony.
Garner not playing enough I see the reason why we bought Taylor into the club.
Turner has great defensive pressure within the forward line but theres a case he doesnt kick enough goals.
And Wood.....nobody wants him, couldn't be traded last season. I really want this lad to extract a digit.

Short of a miracle Mason is gone.

I reckon Turner should be made a small defender.

Garner we stuck by through years of injury, finally gets his body right, we'll wait more than one year to see what he delivers.

Short of a miracle Mason is gone.

I reckon Turner should be made a small defender.

Garner we stuck by through years of injury, finally gets his body right, we'll wait more than one year to see what he delivers.

As in this year? Clearly. After that... he's missed a lot of football and can't miss much more. It's all development he is missing as well.

As in this year? Clearly. After that... he's missed a lot of football and can't miss much more. It's all development he is missing as well.

Garner is OOC this year as I recall. He played senior footy from pretty much when he was available last year and only missed due the Sydney pub bullshit.

Hard to see him not getting at least another year.

I saw Curtis play for the Academy when they beat Werribee (incl Durdin, Hibbert et al) and he went well, albeit in a cracking team (two Kings, our own TT, Isaac Quaynor, Rhylee West etc); he was the same then, not a huge amount of ball, but used it to effect - from memory, he kicked a couple. So not sure why he slid to 40 plus, esp when he ranked 26 or 27 in champion data points in his draft year

anyway, a steal, and a credit to the recruiting to team to get TT, Taylor and Scott in the one draft (and of course, Crocker). Best draft in 10 years (or more)

... And Pittard. Plus Polec steak knives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid started out as a mercurial HFF:

View attachment 836874

Until he built himself into this:

View attachment 836875

I'm going to enjoy the next couple of years watching him either way.
We seem to be much better in this department, especially looking at some of the kids body shape change over the summer.
Say for instance someone like Flynn Perez, previously it might’ve take years to see a change, if at all.

is Alex Moore still at the club?
What the hells changed because we’ve been down right neglectful of aspect in the past.

Last edited:
We seem to be much better in this department, especially looking at some of the kids body shape change over the summer.
Say for instance someone like Flynn Perez, previously it might’ve take years to see a change, if at all.

is Alex Moore still at the club?
What the hells changed because we’ve been done right neglectful of aspect in the past.
I think Flynn got a head start in his year off with the knee.

For some reason i thought Taylor was a fair bit shorter than he actually is, maybe its the baby face

Garner is OOC this year as I recall. He played senior footy from pretty much when he was available last year and only missed due the Sydney pub bullshit.

Hard to see him not getting at least another year.

If the squeeze on list spots is an issue this year I think it’s completely foreseeable, unless he puts it together. Yes he has had a few good games but for many reasons has not provided output anywhere near his supposed potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back