Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sorry, Turner was great when he first started, but he never had and never will have the tools Curtis Taylor has.

s**t just happens when Curtis gets it in his hands.

Turner & Taylor aren't competing for a spot.

Curtis took Garner's spot.

He helped turn it around for us. So many times in the middle of the game he did stuff that mattered. At one point I'm sure it was him that left his man to make and win a contest that was vital and I remember thinking this kid doesn't look out of place at all.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Sturt from Freo had some big moments for them, I think he’ll get the nod. Taylor’s time will come though

Perhaps, one team won, one didn't but that didn't really affect Bailey last season so what do I know?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
9.55 remaining in the third. Utter class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 vital tackles for holding the ball were significant.
A great, team lifting goal.
The vision to see opportunities to break the game open - the skill and composure to execute.
Tough at the ball.
Seems to be able to run hard too - both ways.
Everything we've needed for a while now.
... With Will Walker on the other forward flank - they'll pose problems for many years.

That draft with him, TT, Pittard, Scott and Polec will be definitive. 4 out of those 5 contributed significantly to that win today - and Scott is tracking well... Not many drafts in recent years where we could say that almost all the selections, in their 2nd year at the club, contributed to a good win (albeit 2 are mature). The odd gem here or there, but they're either injured or not up to it! Did Hall arrive that year too?

Last edited:

MinistryOfMajak

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The main one. I'm a big believer in this kid but with everything going on at the moment, seems I've had a small case of 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Bailey and Will were the other two I'd add to that list also. Ahern was on it this time last year, but that's not quite turning out like we hoped.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The beauty is that Will Walker looks even better!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m a big fan of Walker, but I reckon Curtis has a level of raw talent above him.

It’s early days and a lot to play out, but the kid can sit on heads, dance in and out of traffic, hit targets from high degree of difficulty, and tackle like a maniac.

He’s got an upside we don’t see too often. Rhyce seems big on letting talent have it’s head a bit, so hopefully Curtis has the right environment to flourish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a big fan of Walker, but I reckon Curtis has a level of raw talent above him.

It’s early days and a lot to play out, but the kid can sit on heads, dance in and out of traffic, hit targets from high degree of difficulty, and tackle like a maniac.

He’s got an upside we don’t see too often. Rhyce seems big on letting talent have it’s head a bit, so hopefully Curtis has the right environment to flourish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I look forward to the day when Scott, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Walker, Zurhaar, Larkey and Taylor all play together in an AFL best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back