Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like the look of the kid.......just need to keep my expectations in check........wouldnt want to burn the kid if he is inconsistent as has known to happen

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But we need a full rebuild according to some on here. I'm confused.
We need a clean out.

The quicker these kids start coming on, the quicker we can clean out players that will only allow us to go so far.

McMillan, McDonald and Atley has very good games yesterday, but are they going to make us a contender?

On exposed form that is a big question mark. But when we come back, if they can continue to perform at that level consistently then we will have a very strong list with great depth and competition for spots.

We need a clean out.

The quicker these kids start coming on, the quicker we can clean out players that will only allow us to go so far.

McMillan, McDonald and Atley has very good games yesterday, but are they going to make us a contender?

On exposed form that is a big question mark. But when we come back, if they can continue to perform at that level consistently then we will have a very strong list with great depth and competition for spots.

Yep that's why we all need to cool our jets until a bigger sample is produced

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But we need a full rebuild according to some on here. I'm confused.

I think that players like Taylor are apart of this rebuild.

Our track record of continuing the development of these talented youngsters is still questionable, so I'm reluctant to say that we have all the youth that we need to move forward.

The two first rounders this year will help, however as a club we need to be better at development in 3rd/4th year etc.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The main one. I'm a big believer in this kid but with everything going on at the moment, seems I've had a small case of 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Bailey and Will were the other two I'd add to that list also. Ahern was on it this time last year, but that's not quite turning out like we hoped.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If you're going to get OP, get OP when the season is suspended. Fortunate outcome of an unfortunate situation.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need a clean out.

JMac, LMac, and Atley are all small defenders, was even one of those players listed a good fit for a small defender role? Who do we have there other than Tom Murphy (who isn't in the young gun list)?

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I look forward to the day when Scott, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Walker, Zurhaar, Larkey and Taylor all play together in an AFL best 22.

I’d add Comben to that group and hopefully we find a young McGovern or Hurn or Grimes or Harris Andrews even to go with that attacking insanity.

I think it’s safe to say we’ve turned the corner talent wise.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m a big fan of Walker, but I reckon Curtis has a level of raw talent above him.

It’s early days and a lot to play out, but the kid can sit on heads, dance in and out of traffic, hit targets from high degree of difficulty, and tackle like a maniac.

He’s got an upside we don’t see too often. Rhyce seems big on letting talent have it’s head a bit, so hopefully Curtis has the right environment to flourish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually kicks the clutch goals too......under rated skill.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d add Comben to that group and hopefully we find a young McGovern or Hurn or Grimes or Harris Andrews even to go with that attacking insanity.

I think it’s safe to say we’ve turned the corner talent wise.
With the two top ten picks I'd be hoping we take the most talented midfielder available and the most talented defender of any sort available. As you said anyone that could intercept, spoil or use it well of half back would be massive for us.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With the two top ten picks I'd be hoping we take the most talented midfielder available and the most talented defender of any sort available. As you said anyone that could intercept, spoil or use it well of half back would be massive for us.

I agree with that mix also. Some people on here are against us investing a high pick on a defender. It’s a massive concern down there and I hope we can ride it through until we can fill the holes down there. We are in desperate need of a lock down small defender, a tall defender, an intercept tall and an attacking half back with elite kicking..... Basically everything.
We have a few who can fill a void for now, but to win a flag we need massive upgrades.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Was actually surprised by this guy. Very impressed so far.

Back