Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Really could be anything this kid.

What an absolute top pick up, reckon I aged ten years holding my breath to see if he was gonna get taken the pick before ours.

The Anti Atley:

- Has off the chart speed and actually knows how to utilize it consistently in game

- Has great agility in congestion and knows how to use his speed to get out of it

- accumulates at will and regularly has repeat possessions in chains

Yeah definitely a younger upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the intrusion, but thought I'd share a quick cut up video of the Goat in action for Country v Metro.
I made the vid as his athleticism stood out, and I thought the Hawks might trade up into the teens to get someone like Goater or Sonsie (who of course, then slid into the 20's).

I think he's a steal at pick 22, and his clean hands and jet-speed on the outside will compliment the likes of Phillips, Simpkin and Powell.
Does get a bit excited and butchers it when he puts on the after-burners, but pretty sure I read somewhere that his disposal efficiency is generally very high (so probably no great issue when he takes his time).

Anyway, its draft week, so everybody wins (except for Gold Coast, who can turn just about anyone into dogsh*t).

Pardon the intrusion, but thought I'd share a quick cut up video of the Goat in action for Country v Metro.
I made the vid as his athleticism stood out, and I thought the Hawks might trade up into the teens to get someone like Goater or Sonsie (who of course, then slid into the 20's).

I think he's a steal at pick 22, and his clean hands and jet-speed on the outside will compliment the likes of Phillips, Simpkin and Powell.
Does get a bit excited and butchers it when he puts on the after-burners, but pretty sure I read somewhere that his disposal efficiency is generally very high (so probably no great issue when he takes his time).

Anyway, its draft week, so everybody wins (except for Gold Coast, who can turn just about anyone into dogsh*t).

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Athleticism and ability to win the ball and evasiveness looks elite. Kicking on the other hand looked ordinary at best, hopefully he can clean that up. Decision making seemed sound. I worry when combine average decision making with suspect kicking.
Let’s hope he develops well and plays plenty of footy for the club

Athleticism and ability to win the ball and evasiveness looks elite. Kicking on the other hand looked ordinary at best, hopefully he can clean that up. Decision making seemed sound. I worry when combine average decision making with suspect kicking.
Let’s hope he develops well and plays plenty of footy for the club
Doesn't he run at 85%?

His kicking technique looks excellent tbh. It's not a terrible action or ball drop. Looks very smooth.

Get him kicking the football every day in a professionl environment and he will sharpen up.

Not worried about decision making when he was playing in the middle and trying to break congestion.

The intent is there to use his pace and break the lines almost every opportunity, he's going to love the space on an AFL field imo.

Doesn't he run at 85%?
I read somewhere that his kicking out of defence is pretty good. His kicking efficiency drops when he is in the middle. That suggests it’s his decision making in the middle more than technique. That can be fixed.

His kicking technique looks excellent tbh. It's not a terrible action or ball drop. Looks very smooth.

Get him kicking the football every day in a professionl environment and he will sharpen up.

Not worried about decision making when he was playing in the middle and trying to break congestion.

The intent is there to use his pace and break the lines almost every opportunity, he's going to love the space on an AFL field imo.
It’s the final decision with the final kick that seems to be the issue. As I said, it is very fixable as he doesn’t seem to lack composure under pressure.

From the footage it looked like he was setting up a lot of shots on the run vs kicking straight to his team mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back