Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

9E2C3A94-45AF-4B03-B63E-B57E45E5DA74.jpeg

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For a bloke with suspect kicking he hit some absolute lasers in that first vid.

I get the feeling it’s more a poise thing with him rather than being a bad kick. Kicks at full speed a lot and also disposed of the ball after stepping and blind turning a fair bit which probably makes the disposal and kicking action off balance or rushed.

Hopefully we start him behind the ball and let him see the game in front of him while he adjusts.
He is extremely exciting, ceiling is very high

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we transition him down back is a bit of a Jordan Ridley-type? Watching the way he moved through the midfield I get a bit of that from him.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is so good for many reasons.

From an on-field perspective, we have been desperate for high end quality in the back 6. This guy could be exactly that if developed on a back flank. His line breaking ability is incredible & how he breaks away is just salivating.

Hayden Young/Lachie Ash vibes is what I get.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is so good for many reasons.

From an on-field perspective, we have been desperate for high end quality in the back 6. This guy could be exactly that if developed on a back flank. His line breaking ability is incredible & how he breaks away is just salivating.

Hayden Young/Lachie Ash vibes is what I get.

He projects as an upgraded atley imo. A more physical, confident atley. Knocks up finding it so nonreason he couldn’t ave 20-25 touches off half back providing the rebound we need!

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t want to get too ahead of myself but the way he moves reminds me of Bont. Explosive without even looking like he’s trying.

Back