Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turner voted back into leadership group will most likely be playing whenever he's fit.

P.S. I want The Goat in every team but a bit of VFL then some Subs might be his path at the start of the year.

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nope, no way.

I don't see how you can say Bonar and Atu are just automatic incumbents because they are 10 and 22 game veterans respectively.

I'd have him ahead of both of them from what I've seen in pre-season.

Bonar is going to miss at least the first month of the season anyway.
Says who?

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can Goater even reasonably 'small defend?' If yes, in for Turner.
There is no way they are leaving Turner out. You only have to listen to interviews when he is mentioned and they love the guy.

For better or worse Turner sounds like he is pretty much an auto selection when fit, going by comments from coaches and other players.

Goaters time will come but unless there are injuries he may just have to wait a bit.

I like his composure when he gets the ball but seems to be fumbling it a bit. Bergman defs is ahead of him atm
Will be a good problem to have - in another year or so.

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How are we feeling about Goater? Obviously we have been known to royally * a second round pick but keeping my anxiety at bay is the fact every club would have taken this bloke and in many cases much earlier. Reigniting my anxiety is the fact we seem to seriously curb young blokes development + he is playing in a reserves team constantly under the pump.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How are we feeling about Goater? Obviously we have been known to royally duck a second round pick but keeping my anxiety at bay is the fact every club would have taken this bloke and in many cases much earlier. Reigniting my anxiety is the fact we seem to seriously curb young blokes development + he is playing in a reserves team constantly under the pump.
You said it yourself. This wasn’t a Will Walker or Daniel Nielsen pick. Clubs were considering him with their first pick.

The two we reached on you could argue are PC and Bergman, and both look good - particularly PC.

Back