Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a reason he hasn't played a game in the seniors yet? Is he undersized and still need development ect?
Based on my vfl viewings, I would say his limited tank. It has gotten a lot better, but he still drifts out of games late.

Played wing last game, instead of deep defence, and looked a natural.

Especially when Bergman and archer have somehow gotten games ahead of him

It’s Goater time

Can rotate wing and hbf
Based on my vfl viewings, I would say his limited tank. It has gotten a lot better, but he still drifts out of games late.

Played wing last game, instead of deep defence, and looked a natural.
Reason he hasn't debuted is due to his lack of defensive pressure. Understands that and has been working on that. As a junior he didn't need to worry about defence, just go get the ball ""

But yes you would think if we lose a few to covid- he'd be in the mix finally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, Radio Bergman got a game and he was so skinny that he did his shoulder drinking a 300ml Big M on the bench.
Chocolate milk is GOATED after a game. Reminds me of nationals after every game the trainers would hand out big Ms to everyone.

It's actually straight up weird that this guy hasn't been experimented with when you consider how physically developed he is and how much we've lost this year.
He's progressing well. Been moved up to a wing and is thriving. If he continues to progress, he'll get a game or two before the season is out

Reason he hasn't debuted is due to his lack of defensive pressure. Understands that and has been working on that. As a junior he didn't need to worry about defence, just go get the ball ""

But yes you would think if we lose a few to covid- he'd be in the mix finally.
i made this point at the start of the year and everyone thought i was being harsh on him.

There was a reason he slipped down to pick 20.

i made this point at the start of the year and everyone thought i was being harsh on him.

There was a reason he slipped down to pick 20.
I think that's exactly why we're at the wrong end of the ladder.

The kid has innate skills and athletic traits that put him in the top 1% of the top 1% of every junior kid in the Country - think how talented these kids are at the level.

What do we do we use some cookie cutter, tick the boxes approach rather than harnessing what the kid's got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back