Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

These decisions are player killers .
We have a top 2nd round pick kid. Killing it a junior level & pre season without a sniff of getting selected for a game after 16 rounds .
We are the best at killing careers off early in kids .
Mate, it would just be nice to get a first year player through the year without getting injured.

No! * the spoiled campaigner. He is bordering 25 years old. What the * is that teaching the kids? Want me tp grow up? TT needs to *in grow up
campaigner.

Replace him with Goater plus a first round pick. * petulant players. * polec and * TT (right now)
Bordering 25? he's JUST turned 22. By your logic, he's 20.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
We have a top 2nd round pick kid. Killing it a junior level & pre season without a sniff of getting selected for a game after 16 rounds .
How do you know what boxes the club has set him to tick before he gets a game?

He’s a life long supporter who’s been at the club as a player for 7 months & you’re already grouping him with players who’ve had their ‘career killed off early’?

Calm down mate.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He’s a life long supporter who’s been at the club as a player for 7 months & you’re already grouping him with players who’ve had their ‘career killed off early’?

Calm down mate.
Lol.

He's in the I'm upset we're losing club. So he finds any and every reason to be angry with decisions that are being made. It feels right so he must be right.

Calm down mate.

Correct - The club spoke to this in a semi- recent video.

Goater wasn’t ready to play as a defender when he arrived so they are teaching him.He’s doing well and zi suspect he’ll see the 1sts before years end.

But why rush him when he’s just hitting his straps

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Calm down mate.
All I’m saying is that by now he would of been ahead of Bergman & Archer who have both tasted the AFL .
Plus by now I don’t trust or believe in the club “tick the boxes” rule .
It’s adamant we don’t have NFI what we are doing…..
Why don’t you calm down & have another beer 👍
8ADAA10A-B747-47C1-ADD5-35DF73E3E0F0.gif

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are plenty - me included

But not everyone trashed the club or individual players every other post as a way of dealing with it
Yep. There's also a limit to how many times you can hear how bad something is that you give a stuff about. Thankfully, there are a few at least that have decided the better bet is to focus on solutions.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol.

He's in the I'm upset we're losing club. So he finds any and every reason to be angry with decisions that are being made. It feels right so he must be right.
Im upset like all of us in our performance. I love the club & have supported it with a membership for 30+ years . My comments are just a fact on how we have brought potential talent in the past and have done nothing with it . I don’t what this to happen again . Kids get demoralised & lose confidence very quick at this age .
See you all in Geelong today ? Go North ❤️❤️❤️

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Correct - The club spoke to this in a semi- recent video.

Goater wasn’t ready to play as a defender when he arrived so they are teaching him.He’s doing well and zi suspect he’ll see the 1sts before years end.

But why rush him when he’s just hitting his straps

I didn’t realise he was Trans.

How fabulous!

Yep. There's also a limit to how many times you can hear how bad something is that you give a stuff about. Thankfully, there are a few at least that have decided the better bet is to focus on solutions.

I get it - I just believe that even the worst player or coaching decision has good intent so needs some level of respect if if its critical or constructive disappointment etc.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why Goater wasn’t given a game instead of bringing in Atu has me ducked!

Atu is a spud!

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
wonder if he gets a run next week as turner is out with concussion

Back