Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even two weeks ago, people with knowledge of the magoos team were saying they don't think he's ready for a senior debut. It's in this thread. So this comes as a bit of a surprise. Hope he kills it nevertheless

HE IS MAKING HIS DEBUT

How old is John Blakey?
PC: 62

Ahhh Paul, go out there and kick 62 on Darcy Mac for us this weekend, will ya!?

Fantastic setup there by Lukey Mac.
A smooth operator behind the mic and the Goat never saw it coming, which made this announcement so priceless.

Good luck for Saturday Josh and hopefully the first of many quality games streaming out of the backline and down the wing.

Not even two weeks ago, people with knowledge of the magoos team were saying they don't think he's ready for a senior debut. It's in this thread. So this comes as a bit of a surprise. Hope he kills it nevertheless
He's certainly looked more at home since he's been used more on a wing.

So excited to watch this guy in the seniors, I know there’ll probably be a few sloppy kicks but he’ll probably also do some things that wow us. Another kid who will crack in 100% for the blue and white.

7x22 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pumped for GOATER. I appreciate that he has been a life time supporter of North. Fun to see how he goes. Enjoying the good energy being injected over the last 4 weeks. Everyone seems to of forgotten Noble now.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they asked him what number he had on his jumper as a kid, was his response of 31 just a bit of awkwardness when he buzzed in with his own number? Or is he actually wearing the number 31 now as a tribute to his childhood hero David Hale?

When they asked him what number he had on his jumper as a kid, was his response of 31 just a bit of awkwardness when he buzzed in with his own number? Or is he actually wearing the number 31 now as a tribute to his childhood hero David Hale?
Reckon that was just LMac thinking that was his answer, and not realising he was buzzing in.

I assume the answer would have been #20 for the big Dish.

Look forward to seeing the Goat run out Saturday. On first live view at him vs Sydney VFL was pleasantly surprised at his ready to go AFL build.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back