Player Watch #31: Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very tough to squeeze into our back seven. Most of the minutes will go to Balta, Grimes, Vlastuin, Short, Baker, Astbury and Houli. Broad comes in for whoever is missing or doesn't have a great matchup. Short and Baker are both miles ahead of Markov. Markov is going better than Egg.

His only other spot is the wing. KMac appears to have one wing sewn up. Markov, Pickett and Higgins are all fighting for the other wing. I assume all are ahead of Caddy given his soft tissue injuries and relative lack of leg speed.

It's very tough to squeeze into our back seven. Most of the minutes will go to Balta, Grimes, Vlastuin, Short, Baker, Astbury and Houli. Broad comes in for whoever is missing or doesn't have a great matchup. Short and Baker are both miles ahead of Markov. Markov is going better than Egg.

His only other spot is the wing. KMac appears to have one wing sewn up. Markov, Pickett and Higgins are all fighting for the other wing. I assume all are ahead of Caddy given his soft tissue injuries and relative lack of leg speed.
Dave is 1 ~ 3 weeks away. Grimes 1~ ? weeks. Oleg probs stays in until finals. That's a good few games to show if you're good enough.

Going great guns is Markovzorro. Could definitely see him as our third wing rotation with the Junk Yard Dog(Mcintosh) and Pickett. Tallish wingers with aerial presence who can run are a good asset.

On the face of it you would think Oleg would get squeezed out of a full strength backline but he looks a nice asset regardless, just wants to play in positions where he has plenty of space in front of him.

I’m willing to put my hand up and admit I thought he was going to be delisted.Now I’m trying to workout ways he could stay in our best 22 once everyone’s back in the team.

Even if he ends up being replaced in our starting line up, I’d still like to see him hold his spot on the list, Houli obviously won’t be able to play forever. I think Markov can now become his longer term replacement or at the very least offer depth to our rebounding defenders.

comrade Markov. Must keep him.
he has great athletic attributes, that speed is electric. Only played 23 games Also, coming along nicely. I think he can become an important part of our team in the near future once he notches up 50/100 games especially with houli getting towards the end.

Keep him in. Becoming the player we thought he would 3-4 years ago
Aarts, Markov, Caddy are vying for the small fwd position from now until we get knocked out, or win the flag. Aarts has been great, although tailing off a bit. I've got a feeling Markov might get the nod as small/medium fwd. Along with Chol. And if they play their cards right, might be flag winners in a month or so. Chol, first African to win a flag? Probably been a few Russians.

Could’ve used this blokes run last night

Agree I looked at the replay prior to last nights match and what worried me was Lynches impact when we won by 40. He was involved in a lot and thinks went our way at times. I feared this would be a lot closer without him. Markov could have been handy because speed counts in 16 minute quarters and he has been more competitive of late. More particularly he is able to impact more contests for forward thrust as well as defensive input to contain the Lions especially when we lack run. I thought he would have had a bigger impact than the likes of Chol prior to the game where his effect at times has been minimal on the teams energy and impact

Aarts, Markov, Caddy are vying for the small fwd position from now until we get knocked out, or win the flag. Aarts has been great, although tailing off a bit. I've got a feeling Markov might get the nod as small/medium fwd. Along with Chol. And if they play their cards right, might be flag winners in a month or so. Chol, first African to win a flag? Probably been a few Russians.
Chol ended his season by his own hand last night.
Does not like body contact, one iota.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would he be the best match up for butler?
**** why we friendly trade butler to st kilda. Really bitting us in the butt
He got offered more money at the Saints. No other clubs interested. What exactly could we do differently? Aarts has played well. Aarts probably gets dropped this week but he's had a real taste of high pressure finals. Anyhow we did better out of the Barrot Stewart trade.

All of our delists are going ok. I hope Oleg isn't One of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back