Player Watch #31 Rhyan Mansell

Remove this Banner Ad

What we need is contested ball winners and he looks like having the Argo to go with the big boys.
nice find and hope he spurs on some of our other up and coming talent to toughen up.
imagine egg with this guys tenacity ?
Argo f$%# yourself

How do we do it. Rhetorical question. Every year over the past five years we seem to find a ready made Premiership potential player who seamlessly steps into our system and makes him and us better. Rhyan is the early 2021 version and there may still be more to come. Love our recruitment and player development team.

How do we do it. Rhetorical question. Every year over the past five years we seem to find a ready made Premiership potential player who seamlessly steps into our system and makes him and us better. Rhyan is the early 2021 version and there may still be more to come. Love our recruitment and player development team.
Our recruiters have turned the recruiting process upside down - instead of looking for reasons why a kid cannot make it at AFL level - they look at what they can bring. That, along with a great culture and leadership that helps players bring out their best.

my theory is because they train with the best and they learn 😀

he's been okay, hasn't done a lot wrong, everyone seems to be jizzing over him though
Has not looked out of place or overawed at all. Just seems to have seamlessly fitted into our back 6 and now looking like it allows Baker to play up the ground which can only be a positive. Great value for money pickup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure there was a moment in the 3rd quarter he came off his man and stopped a certain goal. Then we rebound and lynch kicks a goal extending to 2 goals lead

The 2nd and 3rd plays in this GIF were both very good, the one you're referring to is the 3rd.

Love the way this guy plays - clean with the ball and tough/mongrel - does a lot of good things you dont notice and always puts a bit extra physical pressure on when he can.

I loved the way when he was out-numbered in a marking contest - he knew he was going to be blocked out of the contest by Martin (I think) so he decided he would just crash as hard as he could into Martin to make him earn it - knowing that he wouldn't give away 50 as he wasn't crashing into the man taking the mark - smart! They got the free - it was going to be an easy mark anyway but made Steph Martin think twice before doing the same thing again.

The 2nd and 3rd plays in this GIF were both very good, the one you're referring to is the 3rd.

Didnt notice it on the night but ******* love this. Just make them earn it. Dosent matter thats its the oppos biggest player he just crashes in.

Has not looked out of place or overawed at all. Just seems to have seamlessly fitted into our back 6 and now looking like it allows Baker to play up the ground which can only be a positive. Great value for money pickup
Yeah. Thats the thing. Just composed with the ball and great defensive mindset. That game on kosi Pickett was excellent. Against one of the better small fwds in the comp Only just conceded a late goal to him. But I'd give the points to Mansell.
Frees up Baker to use his considerable skills up the ground. Baker is a great mark. I remember one from a game, (Port i think) in the wet, taking overhead marks. Not to mention his kicking skills.
If houli can retain that form we have he and short as kickers. Mansell for the smalls

Last edited:
Another rookie special from the recruiting team.

2015 was the last time we had a miss with the rookie draft. How crazy is that?
Exactly Why I am worried about next year... recruiters won’t know what to do with all those high draft picks... usually the magic kicks in about R4 of national draft. Maybe we can trade our high draft picks for more rookie and MSD picks

Exactly Why I am worried about next year... recruiters won’t know what to do with all those high draft picks... usually the magic kicks in about R4 of national draft. Maybe we can trade our high draft picks for more rookie and MSD picks

I hear Collingwood is chasing some higher picks

needs to keep his head. Oppo players seem to get under his skin easily best example would be Melbourne but the Dogs tried
im not sure being pulled to ground and sat on behind the ball counts as getting in his head.

i dont mind a bloke who pushes back if the opposition gets in his face after winning a free that wasnt there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back