DOB:06 March 1991
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2010 Zone
RECRUITED FROM: Morningside (Qld)/Gold Coast/St Kilda

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
A couple of months ago most of us on here we were questioning the trade and his abilities, now the thought of him not playing fills us with dread and horror!
How things have changed.
A nice reminder that early calls often come back to bite us, and god knows there are heap on this forum, regarding our players, the draft, trade targets, etc

cherub

All Australian
Aug 12, 2009
Shenton Park
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom's wife is pregnant with twins. Is she going to want to go to Melbourne away from her medical team? Tom's really strong on family being priority. (I don't know where their extended family are. If they're in Qld, then Victoria might be good option). If Tom has to go back to support his wife, that's going to damage Swannies chances more than any almost any other omission. ( But would be the right priority).

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom's wife is pregnant with twins. Is she going to want to go to Melbourne away from her medical team? Tom's really strong on family being priority. (I don't know where their extended family are. If they're in Qld, then Victoria might be good option). If Tom has to go back to support his wife, that's going to damage Swannies chances more than any almost any other omission. ( But would be the right priority).
It would be a sliding doors moment for sure, but he'll regret not being there for the kids more than anything imo.

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
That's a brutal choice and it will hurt us badly if he leaves but I couldn't possibly begrudge him for leaving if he does.
Yeah after listening to his interview on Phil Davis' podcast it wouldnt suprise me if he headed back to Sydney tonight or during the week.

The AFL really need to pull their finger out and actually make a decision so we know what is happening for the next 5 weeks.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Any idea how far along she is? Makes a big difference.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

This would sound insane 8 months ago but I honestly think Hickey is more important to the Swans in 2021 than Buddy is. At least if Buddy went home we would have someone to replace him who can sort of do the job as well (though obviously not as well). I have a lot of respect for Sinclair but he isn't a proper ruckman, and we will be noticably less effective with Sinclair as our main ruckman.

In saying that though I would not begrudge Hickey leaving either. Family always comes first. I hope he doesn't have to make the choice but if he does I understand him picking to be with his wife and new born children.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Can we please find a way to reverse ageing so we can have T Hick for the next 5 years.
Honestly, if he stays uninjured there's no reason why he can't go for 5 years.
He's no burst player, and endurance is one of the easier things to maintain. He also seems relatively injury free throughout his career and only has a few games over 100. I imagine it'll depend on what he wants to do at the end of his contract.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Can we please find a way to reverse ageing so we can have T Hick for the next 5 years.
You know what really pisses me off about Hickey? The fact he was languishing over in WA for the last 2 years when he could have been here.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Fair to say we wouldn't have made the finals without him.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Would trade aliir aliir all day now they we’ve seen the results. Yes he’s younger but if Hickey gives us one more year of this output it’s a huge win.
plus Aliir comes off as a real me me me kinda guy and hickey is quiet and modest.

Back