19114-Trade-Period-Tom-Hickey-900x560.jpg

Tom Hickey
[Player Profile TBA]

Tom Hickey
DOB:06 March 1991
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2010 Zone
RECRUITED FROM: Morningside (Qld)/Gold Coast/St Kilda

What may be lost on many of us, myself included, is that Hickey is only 9 montgs older than Naismith, meaning that by the time Naismith is ready to play again if at all, he will be older than Hickey will be come round one 2021.
Stef Martin has been hailed as a brilliant get for Dogs & he will be 34 in a few days.

There is no reason why we couldn't get a good 4 years out of Hickey. He seems a good clubman & no doubt gives effort. A 3 year deal is absolutely well worth it.

We have three bog ordinary ruckman near 30 now

Maybe but we won a flag on the day because the "ordinary ruckman", Pyke, stepped it up when it mattered. We just need an even contest in the middle. The midfielders will take care of the rest.

if hickey had the 2012 premiership winning midfield then maybe

We're not winning the premiership next year, Hickey is a stop gap, not the solution
Be interesting if there is a ruckman available in a few years or if we plan to draft one at some stage to develop and trade to the Tigers to win 3 flags/have chronic knee injuries that we want instead

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
rd1 this year with a fit naismith gave me hope that the team looked pretty good with a competitive ruck and it was before adelaide imploded

rd2 doesnt count cus apparently naismith was playing with an acl or whatever

i have decent hopes that hickey will make us better than having aliir as a defender

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
i have decent hopes that hickey will make us better than having aliir as a defender
I think that's a reasonable assumption. We needed a good ruck much more than we needed a good defender. Defence is the one area where we have almost an embarrassment of riches. McCartin has settled into the key defensive role like he was born to it, Ling and Gould coming through gives us plenty to go on with and McCartin also lets Rampe off the leash to use his run and attacking flair.

I don't doubt that Aliir will be very good for Port, if he can wake up the half hour earlier ;).

He can actually mark the football. Even fit Try getting Naismith to do that.

Not the worst up forward either, for a big man he's not the worst around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Look out Naismith. Hickey seems to have found another gear from the coaches' comments and limited vision available. He seemed to dominate Sinkers, who's not a small man. Perhaps he's another changeling who transforms under the magic of the Swans like Mumford did ?

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Look out Naismith. Hickey seems to have found another gear from the coaches' comments and limited vision available. He seemed to dominate Sinkers, who's not a small man. Perhaps he's another changeling who transforms under the magic of the Swans like Mumford did ?

I can see another Jason Ball type story, tapping down to Hayward or Florent (for lolz) to snap the winner in a grand final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems very laidback - I'm sure he will be asset passing his knowledge on to our young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back