Past 31. Tom Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,
There are some of you here with massive wraps on this bloke, I don't really get the hype.
I'm not in anyway negative about him, but don't understand the optimism for a young guy who has played such few games.
Opposition supporters would be having a larf at some of the comments on the bloke.
Not that I care about that, but we really don't have a lot to go on do we?
Why the hype?
Let em larf his 15 games is all you need to see to know 👍

Last edited:

Huge credit to the young fella for his hard work & perseverence. It has been such a long time between drinks, it would have been understandable if he had thrown his hands in the air & decided it was all too much for him. His teammates couldn't help but be inspired by his journey back to AFL footy.

Well done Willo!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased for Tom, but nowhere near as much as he's be pleased for himself.....and rightly so.
Must have been a tough haul for him over the past 20 odd months. Would love to know what he really went through.

Has looked like a player desperate to make his way back into the main team, the past couple of weeks and he's rightly been given the call-up.
Such an elegant player in full flight and feel we'll be asking this question for some time to come; 'How on earth did he slip to #61?'

Pleased for Tom, but nowhere near as much as he's be pleased for himself.....and rightly so.
Must have been a tough haul for him over the past 20 odd months. Would love to know what he really went through.

Has looked like a player desperate to make his way back into the main team, the past couple of weeks and he's rightly been given the call-up.
Such an elegant player in full flight and feel we'll be asking this question for some time to come; 'How on earth did he slip to #61?'
Very good question.

perfect description

This guy was my favourite young player a few years ago. He showed more mongrel and aggression than any other player not named Cripps. I still remember him taking out Gary Ablett in one of his first few games, showing him no respect.

To say I'm wrapped to see him back is an understatement.

Only thing I am hoping is expectations for him to repeat 2017 aren't too high.

It's almost a case of starting as if he never played he has missed that much footy. Just get through some games and stay healthy should ultimately the first goal.

I must admit, I was pretty damn impressed in his 1st showing (vs ESS in the wet). Kid is all class.
Welcome back, son.

he has this boyish sort of look but plenty of mongrel as well...wont let anyone push him around type....just imagine him with some bulk
may not get too much more, harks description of him as 'elegant' is exactly what he is - think greening, greig, goold, irwin, bayes et al........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back