Past 31. Tom Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not happy he wasn't getting a game so instead he decided to play for a rival club at state league level?

Let's not speculate please if we don't know the specifics.
Well he can't jump straight onto their AFL list can he..?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Tom has left NM, has gone home to Ararat and signed on to play there next year. Best wishes Willo.

315555153_577052007754692_9034003341735909024_n.jpg

Tom Williams pled guilty to harassment today in court i believe, unaware if this is old news re him stepping away from football??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, his abrupt exit makes sense now. I hope he's learnt his ******* lesson.

Former Carlton player Tom Williamson’s mid-year exit from the club in 2022 came amid a criminal investigation into his behaviour, reports the Herald Sun.

The 44-gamer pleaded guilty in Melbourne Magistrates Court last week to a series of charges including stalking a woman with the intention of causing her harm or fear.

I don't understand how people can defend a mans actions when they are clearly reprehensible and they've been found guilty. What, just because they pulled on the jumper for us and entertained us? Absurd really.

What’s most absurd is the club had an opportunity to highlight its motto and chose to hide behind mental health issues.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What’s most absurd is the club had an opportunity to highlight its motto and chose to hide behind mental health issues.

What's absurd is that you think it would have been appropriate for the club to trumpet as yet unproven allegations against a young player in an effort to promote one of their community programs.

I for one am thrilled that not a word of this has leaked until his case was heard. That is how it should be done.

What's absurd is that you think it would have been appropriate for the club to trumpet as yet unproven allegations against a young player in an effort to promote one of their community programs.

I for one am thrilled that not a word of this has leaked until his case was heard. That is how it should be done.
100%.

The club should have been open and honest on why, hiding behind mental health issue was/is a copout

The club could not have possibly commented on an ongoing police investigation.

There was nothing in the club statement hiding behind mental health. The club said he needed to step away to deal with personal issues and his wellbeing. If you read mental health into that that is on you.

The club never did what you have accused them of.

Blues defender to step away from football

"The Carlton Football Club can confirm it has been having ongoing discussions with Tom Williamson since he undertook a leave of absence from the Club in early June," the statement said.

"As a result of these discussions, it has been mutually decided that Williamson will step away from AFL football for 2022 and depart the football club.

"The Club will continue to work with Williamson, the AFLPA and Williamson’s management to ensure he continues to receive the necessary support he needs moving forward."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back