Past 31. Tom Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry about this guy. With he's fitness and skills, he was definitely recruited to eventually play on the wing. With that kick as well...am I getting ahead of myself by saying a little bit of Isaac smiths about him.

Plenty of upside that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a bit like JW - bit of a synth-stare! If you were a comedian on stage, along with JW he's not the type of person you'd like to have staring at you from the front row of the audience!

After seeing the vids and write ups I think this guy has the biggest chance to give the club the biggest value in relation to draft pick.

If we are going to rise up the ladder we need to land a very good AFL player (or three) from late in the draft. Williamson looks a good chance to me.

Like the fact that he seems to play the game at top pace. Not a loper. Think this is important to breaking into AFL.

Also looks solid on his right foot. Unusual for a leftie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clever defender/midfielder from the North Ballarat Rebels who uses his pace to great effect. Added to his currency at the NAB AFL Draft Combine by winning the agility test, coming second in the 3km time trial and also posting top-10 results in the beep and kicking tests, along with the standing and running vertical jumps.

Welcome Tom. :thumbsu:

Not exactly shabby test results.
A bottom age, athletic, nice height left-footed, defender/midfielder.

Can't complain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better athletically, perhaps his left peg isn't as advanced.

Confidence to take the game on and willingness to compete will be the determining factors.

Listen to SOS in the post draft interview when he talks about his kicking. He says they can all kick but when he mentions this kid he really emphasises it.

Not trying to be negative
More devils advocate
Because the question has to be asked

Everyone is wrapped about his athleticism etc

But can he find it and does he have nous?
He's a bit of a rough diamond at this stage, he's got the attributes that you look for but probably lacks a little polish and consistency overall.
He's improved tremendously this year so hopefully that continues on after donning the Navy Blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back