Past 31. Tom Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

Good again. He pulled in another 3-4 one hand slips catches before taking off.
Really liking the look of him, clearly a one touch player.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom has some great attributes, even putting his athleticism aside.
Didn't really notice him through limited pre-season sessions, but at this early stage Tom looks to have attributes of a top 20 pick.

Clean ball handling, speed, aggression, quality disposal and more than anything.........he's a quick thinker.
Drafted as an outside midfielder/flanker but he looks to me to have inside abilities. Wouldn't surprise me should he be developed accordingly.

We only have a small sample to date I know, but there's really something about Tom at this early stage, that tells me he can win his own ball and make good decisions with it.

Team-high 10 intercept possessions, followed by Plowman with 7 and Charlie with 6.

348 metres gained, good for 6th on the team, after Doc, Charlie, Plowman, Murphy and Gibbs.

Really strong game from Tom.

This also highlights Plowman's importance this year; lots of intercept possessions and metres gained.

Didn't win a heap of his own footy at junior level, that's about it.
That's it? I swear we've taken dudes who didn't win a stack of ball as juniors as project players before, at much higher picks...

Anyhow I'm certainly not complaining that we seemed to have snagged a real steal for once.

I loved this little bit of byplay after Hayward kicked a goal on Williamson in the last quarter. Hayward gives Williamson a smart arse bum tap and hits him while he is trying to have a drink. Tom does not like this and gets upset, Sinclair come in and Tom does a nice little fake to get things back one on one. Then Tom gets the death stare on. Pity the camera pans away.

One thing that struck me with Tom in his very first game was he was ruffling the hair and giving bum taps (acts of dominance) to senior players like Murphy, Gibbs and Cripps for things like taking the ball over the boundary. This is very unusual behaviour for a first game player. He must be an extrovert, and thank goodness for that. This young bloke will play 200+ games for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved this little bit of byplay after Hayward kicked a goal on Williamson in the last quarter. Hayward gives Williamson a smart arse bum tap and hits him while he is trying to have a drink. Tom does not like this and gets upset, Sinclair come in and Tom does a nice little fake to get things back one on one. Then Tom gets the death stare on. Pity the camera pans away.

One thing that struck me with Tom in his very first game was he was ruffling the hair and giving bum taps (acts of dominance) to senior players like Murphy, Gibbs and Cripps for things like taking the ball over the boundary. This is very unusual behaviour for a first game player. He must be an extrovert, and thank goodness for that. This young bloke will play 200+ games for the Blues.

Whoever put that together has done brilliantly. Love it and love Tom.

Some kind of find by SOS.

This guy was so evasive today, weaved through traffic with ease.

Wait and see.

17 disposals @ 71% efficiency to go with 8 marks.

Our defenders do tend to rack it up due to the nature of our system, but I was just so impressed with his agility/evasion today.
We already know that he is an elite kick.

It is actually plausible that he was trying to pinpoint his teammate over the top.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back