Player Watch #31: Zach Reid - Glandular fever, modified program, full training in 2 weeks - 12/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
31 - Zach Reid.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 5, 2021 (illness)
Injury Status: Glandular fever, modified program aiming for full training in two weeks - 12/5
Glandular Fever - No timeline on return - 4/5
Tonsilitis, won't be available this week either - 28/4
Left out for Anzac Day due to illness - 24/4

Last edited:

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Back in my footballing days when I had tonsillitis, I hacked off my tonsil with a Swiss army knife, spat it out over the boundary and just kept on playing.
Kids of today are so wasteful. We chewed 'em up and swallowed 'em. No point wasting such valuable protein.

Nifft

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
M'kay, showing my age here.

Don't do a google search on Riley Reid from the office folks!
I've only seen the UK version, and I don't recall seeing her with Gervais and the rest of the gang. She must've been in the US show...

Edit: Ok never mind, probably a good thing Gervais never starred in anything with her. And I'll second the suggestion to not search on Google, at least not while at work...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
So Mum was right about playing in the rain all along...
I umpired in sleet and hail 2 years ago ended up with Bronchitis and the other umpire ended up with his liver/kidney shutting down because it was simply too cold

I think it is definitely real problem

andleanback

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I umpired in sleet and hail 2 years ago ended up with Bronchitis and the other umpire ended up with his liver/kidney shutting down because it was simply too cold

I think it is definitely real problem
Not sure if youre being serious or not, but Glandular is only acquired through the sharing of saliva. Usually young blokes get it from kissing too many girls.

Hak94

Senior List
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Wait, so is it tonsilitis or glandular fever? I thought the reports said it was tonsilitis, has the diagnosis changed since the last update?

Remove this Banner Ad